Power cycle and popping upon amp startup

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pak71382

Forgive me for the long read but I’ve already done some troubleshooting and still looking for a solution.

I’ve been having this issue for awhile with my setup. I’ve tried numerous times to fix it with no luck thus far. I never had this issue until I started running two subs. Prior to the two I ran one with no issues. My system consist of a pioneer touchscreen, a taramps 400x4 amp for my midrange speakers and tweeters, a taramps 800x1 powering two Alpine S-W10D2’s. The subs are running a two ohm load in parallel to the mono amp. The amp will put out 800 watts at a 2ohm load.

Ok now for the issue. When I start up my truck and after my radio boots up the amp will turn on after the radio boots and the sub amp only will power on power off with a pop noise. Sometimes it does it quite a few times before it will stay on constant. If I just turn the key on in my truck without starting it, the amp won’t do the power cycle and pop. As soon as I start it, it will do it. While it’s running if I unhook one sub at the box it will stop doing it. It doesn’t matter which sub I unhook it will stop. I’ve also started my truck and unhooked the rcas to the amp and no pop. Then I plugged the rcas back in and unhooked the remote wire and then touched the remote wire to the terminal on the amp after the radio booted and it did the power cycle and pop. The reason I did that with the remote wire was to simulate a remote delay timer. I’ve checked all my grounds, re wired the subs in the box and at the amp and I’m having no luck. It’s almost like this mono amp doesn’t like to run two subs. But when it does finally power up and stop the power cycle and pop, it sounds great. Any help is appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...