Power, but no sound. Also thumping

And if it was fried, wouldnt it not come on at all? Cuz mine does come on
negative ive seen amps completely power up but nothing is played at all. theres 100s of things that could go wrong. you coukd send your amp in for repair? i got a good repair guy in WI.

do you want to run the subs and speakers off one amp? or run the speakers off headunit and use mono block amp for subs? or use 4 channel amp for mids/ highs and then a mono for subs? really depends on your budget. but i never liked the idea of having my mids/highs on the same amp my subs on
My budget is like 500 and below. That amp is 5 channel. 4 speakers and a sub. So i need a five channel. The previous owner said it was one of the best systems he had ever heard. I listened to the recording haha bada$$. But i dont know the pros and cons of running everything from one amp. But it probably wont matter cuz my budget is low.

I looked at the specs of my current Memphis. It has 4 way protection circuitry. That means it goes into protection mode before it fries right? So could it still get fried?

Depends on your subs. For your speakers (door and side panels) I don't know because I don't know what you had installed. Generally for mids and highs you don't want to much power (more than manufacturer suggests) cause obviously this would blow them. For subs it depends on the sub some can take a higher rms than rated others can blow with more power. Depends on the quailty of the sub, previous usage and set up.

Let's say you have a sub from manufacturer A that's rated at 500 watts rms, manufacturer A has quailty products and there subs are known to take up to 1000 watts rms (verify with other members on here that own subs from manufacturer) then you could give them 500-700 with out worry, maybe not turned up all the way every day but for daily use should be good.

No manufacturer B has subs rated at 500 watts but there have poor quailty. Known to blow easy and have a hard time with rated power. I'd say run 400 or less to them.

Again it all really depends on exactly what you have, post your full set up so I can see what you've got so far

Well like i said, i didnt install them so i dont know. But i just flipped my amp box on its side ans it just has a big M on them. Says memphis car audio on the side. Thats why i was trying to match it with the 700w rms rating of my current amp. I know its a power reference sub tho. Is the rms /peak what im looking for? Because all of memphis' new subs say the rms/peak is 250/500

You know this could be the RCAs have you tried a new set of RCAs? And terminals are where you put your wires for speakers, ground power and remote //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

You know this could be the RCAs have you tried a new set of RCAs? And terminals are where you put your wires for speakers, ground power and remote //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif
But i used a headphone to rca on my amp to see if i could hear anything . Brand new cord too. Didnt hear anything. Unless rca's go to my speakers. But that wouldn't nake sense. If headphone to rca should have worked, than how are the rcas running from amp to speakers? I thought only speaker wire ran from amp to speakers.

Sorry forgot about that go get a DMM from like a hardware store or autozone. Trust me it's worth it and they range from $20-100+ for the upper end ones.

Sorry forgot about that go get a DMM from like a hardware store or autozone. Trust me it's worth it and they range from $20-100+ for the upper end ones.
Ya my dad is an electrician. He has one. Everything is fine. I know my amp is blown now. Had a buddy hook up his amp and speakers to my head unit. Worked fine. Amp is bad. So now, i need a 5channel Memphis amp. Trying to keep it all the same. I have Memphis door speakers and subs. Need another Memphis amp.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Ya my dad is an electrician. He has one. Everything is fine. I know my amp is blown now. Had a buddy hook up his amp and speakers to my head unit. Worked fine. Amp is bad. So now, i need a 5channel Memphis amp. Trying to keep it all the same. I have Memphis door speakers and subs. Need another Memphis amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.