Power Acoustik LT1440/2 AMP

Those look nice, they have alot, and im diggin that free wire kit, What would you all suggest out of the sreies of amps tho. Are some better?
I would bet they're all basically the same on the inside.

Similar ratings/similar fuse size = about the same amp.

If there were significant differences in quality/design you'd see it in the price.

You can even look at SPL and Kole and find basically the same amps from them too.

those series(LT980/2) from power acoustik pretty crappy imo. bought two, one from cardomain and one from sonicelectronix, bnib of course. the one from cardomain had clipped channels. the one i have right now, one dead channel and one distorted channel. plus, they are 4 fuses but only 3 fuses are soldered on board. the fourth is there to make is look like is pulling so much current. not reliable, and if im wrong, they're super sensitive.

btw, cardomain ftw, return no questions asked. sonicelectronix = crappy cs.

I have a 1440/2 and it works great on my kicker comp 10s wired to 4ohms per channel with the gains conservative. I think it is a great price and so far it only has a couple little nuances. It is a hair odd that when you turn the vehicle off, and even disconnect the remote, the amp stays on and the green light stays on for about 20 seconds then fades out. And right when I start the truck it's in protect mode for 5 seconds then turns on ok. Odd, but it still works fine.

when you turn the vehicle off, and even disconnect the remote, the amp stays on and the green light stays on for about 20 seconds then fades out. .
Possibly caps discharging - not a problem IMO.

And right when I start the truck it's in protect mode for 5 seconds then turns on ok. Odd, but it still works fine.
delayed turn on so you don't get the audible "thump"?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.