Power Acoustik EG1-2500D

Brandon Bender

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just bought this amp to replace my autotek amp. I've done a ton of research trying to figure out where the gain is on the amp but can't seem to find anything telling me where it is, including the owners manual. I just bought a cheap oscilloscope to help me set my gain. The amp comes with a bass knob and I've seen some advertising stating that it's a "dash mount gain control", is this the case? If so, should I turn the bass boost on the amp all the way down with the bass knob all the way up to start my clipping test? Any help would be much appreciated! 

15488187339665710362855781322421.jpg

Input level is your gain, bass boost should always be down all the way and set your gain with the dash knob all the way up so you can turn it down if needed but not be able to turn it up since all the way up will be your max level before clipping.

Thx for the response, Mike and I understand what you are saying but my real question is, where is the gain? I don't have a gain knob to turn on the Amp. That's why I tried to also include the owners manual so someone could help me find it. I did a ton of research online and still can't find an answer. 

The input level knob in the picture on the left side of the amp next to the subsonic filter knob is the gain. Sometimes it’s labeled gain, sometimes input level since the gain is used to match the input level of the signal coming from the head unit

or just get a decent amp
I think this is a step up from the 5 channel autotek I had pushing them lol my subs are only 300 watts rms a piece so I thought this was a decent amp plus I'm only pushing the Amp at 2 ohms with 800 rms. I could get subs with DVC to run at 1 ohm pushing roughly 1100 Watts. I thought this was a good amp for the price? 

Last edited by a moderator:
How many watts is that wolfram? I'm only pushing 600 watts rms total. The amp was only 100 bucks and pushes my subs perfect at 2 ohms and if I want to upgrade subs, I can get two DVC subs and push them at roughly 1100 watts a 1 ohm with this amp. I thought is was a good deal for the amp. Why does this have to be a dick measuring contest with having the most powerful stuff? I'm not looking to bother other people in thier vehicles with my music. The point of my system is so others don't bother me with theirs. 

Going from 1 junk amp to another. Sad.

View attachment 4097
I think it's really messed up to call someone's purchase of a new product junk. I think I'm on the wrong forum for help, if I need it. So sad that you guys treat new people like this. This will be my last post on this forum and good luck persuading others to listen to any of you with how disrespectful some of you are...... 

or just get a decent amp
Agreed.  Ya, it is not like the older decks of before that would put out a true 4v RMS or even higher in most cases.  Manufactures definitely know how to shake up trends and work the market...  Still though, having a proper amp to use that voltage effectively and efficiently does wonders.

I tend to stay away from companies that put out what ever ratings they decided to use. Rockville puts out 3 different ratings lol. So what does someone who's just getting started go by? If I was new I'd  go by the the one that looks the best. Idk I certainly need to save a buck where I can but I'd rather have one that's rated less but correct.  Puts out clean power is well built by a company that stands by their products and don't make false claims.

I think it's really messed up to call someone's purchase of a new product junk. I think I'm on the wrong forum for help, if I need it. So sad that you guys treat new people like this. This will be my last post on this forum and good luck persuading others to listen to any of you with how disrespectful some of you are...... 
Good. Keep wasting $$ on junk brands. Read post #14. Also do some research for gods sake. Youtube amp dyno vids of BigD Wiz and Ryan Blankmanship. Both test amps and companies should be scared. You're not getting 1100 watts from that amp like you keep saying and believing. Because had you saved $$ and NOT get 2 junk brands, you could have gotten yourself something nice....such as SQ, which is within budget for a lot of people.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.