Posted in Classifieds, thread was taken down for VERY unfair reason

mikeyr4444

I posted some sub parts and a woofer in the classifieds, unable to attach pictures I uploaded to my Photobucket account. The thread was removed and I was told it would be re-listed once I had pictures. I SAID IN THE ORIGINAL POST THAT THE FORUM WASN'T ALLOWING ME TO POST THE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't even post a damned link to them. If there's a reason, I'd have loved to know why it wasn't working.

Another forum member generously offered to upload them to the forum, but didn't (or probably wasn't able to).

Excuse my anger, but the mod could have read this and I sent him a PM over a day ago mentioning I was unable to post pictures. I don't mean to be impatient, but my car may be pending sale if I can replace a few small parts so I'm slightly stressed over the timing.

Thanks, Mike

I posted some sub parts and a woofer in the classifieds, unable to attach pictures I uploaded to my Photobucket account. The thread was removed and I was told it would be re-listed once I had pictures. I SAID IN THE ORIGINAL POST THAT THE FORUM WASN'T ALLOWING ME TO POST THE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!I couldn't even post a damned link to them. If there's a reason, I'd have loved to know why it wasn't working.

Another forum member generously offered to upload them to the forum, but didn't (or probably wasn't able to).

Excuse my anger, but the mod could have read this and I sent him a PM over a day ago mentioning I was unable to post pictures. I don't mean to be impatient, but my car may be pending sale if I can replace a few small parts so I'm slightly stressed over the timing.

Thanks, Mike
I have been dealing with a personal emergency that kept me away from the forums, for the most part, for the past day or so.
Im sorry, but the "VERY unfair reason" was your ad did not follow the rules. Did I read where you said you couldnt upload the pics? Of course. Did I still delete the thread? I had to, its the rules. Do I have any idea why you were unable to upload pics? None. I still cant let people who say they cant upload because photobucket is down, or they have a virus that ate their pics, or they cant figure out how to upload pics, place an ad in the forum that violates the rules. If I let people with excuses for not uploading pics get a free pass, scammers will simply come up with excuses. For all I know, user error caused your problem. If you needed help with it, you could have PM'd and asked, instead of making it clear you knew you were violating the rules when you made your ad without pics.

If you aren't able/ready to upload pics for your ad, dont make the ad until you are able to. There is no gray area there. Im sorry if that conflicts with the schedule of selling your car, but the moderation staff here cannot help that. The rules explicitly state not to make the ad if you dont have pics, or it will be deleted. It does not say I must offer to keep track, and reopen a thread once a member complies with the rules. So, in light of reading you were having difficulty uploading, I decided that instead of just deleting the thread and making you start over, as the rules state I will, I was trying to help you out. I could just as easily have decided you deserved an infraction for knowingly violating the rule, and deleted the thread permanently. So you can imagine how ironic I consider your 'anger' here to be.

As I said in our PM conversation, I reinstated your thread to give you time to upload the pics. I'll check back tomorrow to make sure they are there. If you continue having trouble uploading, ca.com is not having any issues that would cause this, and the problem is on your end, not ours.

holic.

I believe you have to have a certain number of posts in order to post links or pics //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Sorry Audioholic, I was incredibly frustrated that I couldn't even do so much as post a link, the board wouldn't allow me to do so. The only thing that I could think of that would possibly alleviate the problem was to email the photos. Is bubbagumper6 correct, that I'm required to make a certain number of posts before I can add links or images?

Pro-rabbit, thank you again for offering to help, I sent an email at 7:27 pm last night to DC_Creations@live.com, it may have ended up getting filtered.

I dont know of a rule that says you have to have a certain number of posts to upload data, or at least post links. Ive seen bots posts links in their one and only post on the forum before.

I dont know of a rule that says you have to have a certain number of posts to upload data, or at least post links. Ive seen bots posts links in their one and only post on the forum before.
Some of the new members it does this too tho. I've seen numerous new members not be able to post links to equipment they're looking at and stuff like that.

those would be glitches in the system.
Look through all the threads that were started with a first post. They always try to link their equipment or show us pictures and they never can. Hopefully you guys can get it figured out. I know it would help the newbs when they're trying to explain their problem.

If you post the URLs to the pics I'll put em up too; I'm sure there's no shortage of people willing to help.

edit: oops this was a while ago //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.