Post area Help

Participant count
  • Participant list
It matters more what the port speed is under full RMS power into the woofer. Look man, I'm a long time designer. I design a lot of complicated enclosures. People who know how to design know how to design. Port speed matters relative to how much power the woofer has. Port area depends on how the system is being used, as well. There's a ton of factors that go into determining the best port area for any situation. That's what people pay me to figure out. Port area is very important and can really change how a woofer plays.

You keep saying "port speed" and then you switch over to "port area. Quit changing subjects. What port speed is the best? I don't want any port area bullshitt. What port speed is the best?

A woofer with a lower Fs is typically going to play low notes better. But, it depends on the rest of the t/s that shows how the woofer is designed. In some woofers, Fs is less relevant than other woofers.

So, my 8's have an Fs over 51. So, how low should they play? Just curious. You seem to be the forum genius.

Screenshot_20210928-091808_Chrome.jpg

You keep saying "port speed" and then you switch over to "port area. Quit changing subjects. What port speed is the best? I don't want any port area bullshitt. What port speed is the best?

Once again, port area directly changes port speeds/air velocity. Those two factors are in direct correlation with each other, lol.

I've designed skar svr boxes. I rarely pay attention to recommend manufacturer port area. Port area changes depending on the goals and tuning, so I always do port area based on actual port speeds and how I want the port speed for any given situation. Lmk if you need help or a design for these subs.
I got my design about how I want it. I'm just thinking instead of the manufacturers port area recommended 43.75 I should go maybe 55.00 total port area on the box I'm building at 34hz to get the full potential out of my subs. What you think man?

I got my design about how I want it. I'm just thinking instead of the manufacturers port area recommended 43.75 I should go maybe 55.00 total port area on the box I'm building at 34hz to get the full potential out of my subs. What you think man?
44 cubes net

I’d have to design it some to know for sure. I think you’d be alright with 55 if you mean 4 cubes net.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...