Possibly a bad amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

bradfordp2612
10+ year member

Georgia
I bought a Kicker ZX300.1 on eBay a while back. The buyer said it was in working condition and that it was just removed from his car. Once I got the amp I checked it out and it all looked to be in almost perfect shape except the black casing around the 12v, remote turn-on and ground terminals was cracked but the wires were inserted and tightened fine.

The problem is that the amp wont turn on at all or show any sign of life. I checked all connections at the terminals on the amp and got 11.5 - 12v. I then took the cover off and checked out the guts and they seem to be fine (no burned smell and the MOSFETs looked perfect. I also hooked up my buddies kicker amp and it turned on fine so I know its not the wiring but what else should I check?

Heres the guts:

IMG_5813.jpg

Yeah your right. Ive bought a ton of off eBay and never had a problem but I guess nothing lasts forever. I just don't understand how it could be bad without any lose pieces and burn spots. How would one go about diagnosing the cause?

[quote name='bradfordp2612']Yeah your right. Ive bought a ton of off eBay and never had a problem but I guess nothing lasts forever. I just don't understand how it could be bad without any lose pieces and burn spots. How would one go about diagnosing the cause?[/QUOTE]
talk to this guy @Spooney ;

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.