Possible fried amp or sub help

Fuddling

Hey guys I wanted some help so I know what I have to do to fix the problem with my subwoofer. So I was driving to my friends house and it was two hours away and all of a sudden my sub stopped. I have a power acoustic mofo 12" 4 ohm sub with a 2600 watt planet audio amp(sub was bridged). I looked over and my car was filled with smoke and I pulled over and opened my trunk. The amp was in protection mode and the sub was extremely hot(so was the amp). I pulled the sub open the next day and nothing seemed wrong and I plugged it back in. Amp was green and then I played music, the sub hit once and then immediately in protection mode. I then turned all the power down and unbridged it and it works right now. I know that something probably fried because most of the settings were turned up(my friend also said that I shouldn't have done that) It has never had this problem before but I never left it on this long. I don't know if the amp fried the sub or if the sub fried the amp.

push down on the sub and see if its makeing noise .

but im thinking its the amp.

you can also check the ohms of the coils.

do you have a dmm ?

if so check the sub coils and see what they read.

You said you unbridged it and it worked? You blew a channel out. I had a Lanzae Vibe 286 (don't laugh at me, I know) and a channel blew out of it. Unbridged it, started working for a bit, blew again. Blew out the other channel. You should take it very easy on that single working channel you have, because it's probably going to die soon. My guess from your equipment and the issues you're having tell me you're relatively new eh? If you could list exactly which amp you have, that would help. Having a 4 ohm sub you can wire to 2 or 4 ohms, and I have no idea what impedance your amp runs at bridged. That could've been your issue right there, even. Try running your sub off each channel to see if the channel is indeed blown.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.