Ports firing in different directions?

Hi i have a dual 15" sub box that currently has two 4" dia and 29" ports firing from the side of the box. The box is tuned to 21hz and works fine but i want to try to get more output from it by tuning a bit higher and allowing a bit more air through the box, but could i place the new ports in a different direction would one think?

Pic of the box (atm) in attachments

Not sure where your going here? As in port a facing one side and port b facing the other? I'd think that would cause some form of a issue. What subs and what amp? And you looking to crush lows? good bandwidth? Details and we can help. I have a recommendation kinda but need to know subs and amp and vehicle. All I use is aero ports.

Not sure where your going here? As in port a facing one side and port b facing the other? I'd think that would cause some form of a issue. What subs and what amp? And you looking to crush lows? good bandwidth? Details and we can help. I have a recommendation kinda but need to know subs and amp and vehicle. All I use is aero ports.
I wanted it to kill the lows, it does but i want more haha. The car is a Nissan Leaf (not connected to the OEM electrics) have two 105ah batteries wired in parallel that i charge every night with the car. The woofers are from home audio speakers ( Cerwin Vega Xls-215 ) dont know tha parameters:/.

But yes, i was thinking to put the 3rd maybe 4th port to the front baffle, = two side firing, 1or2 front firing. Crisis inside the box?

What's your max space available? I pm u my number shoot me a text and I'll help ya out

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

More ports is not the answer. Ideally a single is more efficient than 2-3-4 different ports

What's your max space available? I pm u my number shoot me a text and I'll help ya out 

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

More ports is not the answer. Ideally a single is more efficient than 2-3-4 different ports
Arright, this is actually the max space i have now, even mounted the subs invertedly to get more volume, any tips is much appreciated tho

I'd do 8.5 cubes two 6" aero(pvc pipes) at 20" long each tuned to 27 if it was me. Or order a real aero and do 8.5 cubes with a 10" port at 24.5" long tuned to 28.

Ports need to stay together on the same face. Don't put them wherever you please. Those ports are way too small for 15s, each 15 should have 2 4inch ports. A single large port is far more efficient than multiple small ports. I would rebuild the box to the proper size for 15s and use 2 6inch ports or 1 8 inch port.

o9e49s.png

2 15s 10.4 cubes 10" aero tuned to 26. Show play some lows.

27 ftw! I wish I tuned mine lower. How much output would I lose by extending the port internally obviously losing some airspace but if I feed it more power to make up for the smaller volume will it still wang?

[quote name='Lbetts818']@THATpurpleKUSH ^^^^ this this this. Aeros 7-9 per cube is my sweet spot. 6-8 for under 28hz tuning. Lots of trial and error learning[/QUOTE]

That port makes those 15s look like 12s lol. 7-11sq in of port per cubic foot is a good rule of thumb to use with aeroports. Big Ass Ports makes adjustable aero ports

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.