ports are driving me crazy

Participant count
  • Participant list

bvr_j_0969
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
kentucky
just like the title says.

im trying to design a wall for my ext sonoma for 4 re sr 15's and figuring the port out is driving me crazy

would anyone be willing to help me design a box or help me with the ports?

the max deminsions of the box are in the pic. i think its 12.10 gross

with the subs, their displacement, and braces, it needs 10.6966 cft.

and i can figure the port lenght out but it come's to a length that is just a little shy to make an L port. OR way to long and there not enough airspace.

i was wanting around 160 sqaure inches of port.

tuned to around 30-32 hertz

If anyone wants to help me it would be appreciated.

some questions that were messing me up were.

If your not making the port from one side of the box the the other, can you still use the slot port calculator?

Because i know when your using 3 sides of the box the air will continue to travel half the width of the port.

but what if your only using one side of the box?

And when making an L port do you just measure down the middle to get the correct length?

thanks for any help.

my max demensions are in the picture in the first port.

(44" wide 37" tall 17" deep" but 28" from the bottom im going to have a 1.5" lip Into the box to acount for the curve in the back of the cab.)

port can come out either top or bottom doesnt matter.

try enlarging the port size - apparently the larger the port is the less long it needs to be to be tuned to your frequency.

I was calculating aero ports 4"aero was like 17" long and 6" aero was like 10" long. ?

You are def not going to get what you want, 12 cubes with a big port wont happen. How about 3 sr 15s? 4 sr 12s?
Kevin
i will get it, i just need someone to figure up a port length and how to make it fit inside the box.

i will make the box have enough cft.

hell i can even do half the port external if need be

and how many 6" aeros would i need?

i can figure the box up except for one problem,

the box is to wide to make a slot port (using 3 sides of the box as the port)

so i can make the port a little more narrower then the box but would i use a slot port calculator or just a port calculator.

because if the port isnt using 3 sides of the box as walls for the port would the air still travel half the width of the box?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.