Port size

Participant count
  • Participant list
Generally having a port that is a bit too big won't hurt anything. Larger ports are more efficient at higher output levels and at worst case it's a bit overkill and will make the box be larger than needed to fit it. If it's no issue to fit the box/port either way, I'd do the 3 or even just do a 2.5. You won't lose anything by going bigger.

Thanks:cool: a 2" port needs to be 4" long or a 3" needs to be just over 10" long for a 33Hz if i've got my maths right. I've made a very rough box & have use a 3" cardboard tube for the port to test out which way to have the sub & port ie facing the rear door or facing up or even across the boot sorry trunk before I build the real enclosure. Have had a sealed box for years which sounded ok but wasn't really happy with it as I wanted more from this sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.