Port question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Z3n
10+ year member

Hey I was wondering about how to determine port size for two 12" subs sharing a single port. Each sub would have its own air space, about 2.00 cubic feet. If I have one port in the middle of the two subs what do I do for calculating the port length and dimensions? Would I use a calculator like this one at the12volt and put in 4.00 cubic feet for volume or what?

Thanks for any help!

Oh, and one other thing. :p I have a limited amount of space so how bad would it be if I went down to about 1.75 cubic feet per sub?

Okay. I've got a 1000w RMS amp, but each sub is 400w RMS. They're MTX JackHammer JH55's (12") subs, I'll have 2. No hate on the subs. :p I'm looking to tune to 35 Hz but I don't have a ton of room (2000 Toyota Celica GTS).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.