Port Problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

actlsub
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
New York
I used this link thats was posted a couple of times to help me with my port.

http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

I entered in my information as follows:

one 12" driver

16.5mm xmax

tuned to 32 hx

1.5cf box

The results for the round port came out to be 6.07 incehs in diameter and the length came out to be 46 inches. What am i doing wrong. The port length can not be 46 inches, right???

Please, anyone??? im want to build my box and im excited about going ported but im stuck and i dont even want to buy the mdf until my demensions are final. I cant get a straight answere as to my port size however and i am stuck. I have more specs for the sub if you need. Thanks in advance.

6.07 incehs in diameter sounds like to me that you need to go bigger in diameter if its telling you to go that deep

i dont know what you are using to get this but mabe if you try to go bigger or go with more than one port per speaker

i hope that helps you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.