Port Options for a Wall Build (Slotted vs Square vs Aero)

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrfr3sh2def

Senior VIP Member
MD
Hey All,

I am sure you all have come across this exact question or a question similar to this in the past. I have done some research and have not found a definite answer. My question is:

If you are walling off your car/truck is there a benefit to having a slot or square port over a aero port and vice versa if money is not a factor?

I am asking this questions because most of the walls that I see utilize slot ports or square ports and people stand by them, but they never give a good reason why. I personally like the cosmetic look of the aero ports and am walling off my car with 4 12" subs (SSA XCons).

Would 2 8" aero ports be sufficient and sound just as good as if I ran a slotted or square port? I also like the flexibility of the aero ports for tuning.

Feel free to give your 2 cents and/or feedback if you have seen anyone running aero ported walls or the slotted/square.

Thanks

Hey All,
I am sure you all have come across this exact question or a question similar to this in the past. I have done some research and have not found a definite answer. My question is:

If you are walling off your car/truck is there a benefit to having a slot or square port over a aero port and vice versa if money is not a factor?

I am asking this questions because most of the walls that I see utilize slot ports or square ports and people stand by them, but they never give a good reason why. I personally like the cosmetic look of the aero ports and am walling off my car with 4 12" subs (SSA XCons).

Would 2 8" aero ports be sufficient and sound just as good as if I ran a slotted or square port? I also like the flexibility of the aero ports for tuning.

Feel free to give your 2 cents and/or feedback if you have seen anyone running aero ported walls or the slotted/square.

Thanks
What's your net cubes and what tuning you looking into?

If I do a flat wall my net cubes will be right around 11. I am looking to tune around 30hz.
2 8" aeros at 23" would give you 30hz with 10.49" per cube (plenty for an aero). Would also drop your net down to 9.58

I was also considering doing a 3:1 4th order bandpass with the 4 12s. It would be 6 cubes sealed: 18 cubes ported. I assume that would need a lot more port area.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.