port direction, with sub up

Participant count
  • Participant list

wp7456
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
orlando
I have my sub up and port facing drivers side. I noticed today that only my drivers side mirror shakes. Is this due to the port being in that direction? I have no room on the right side of the box, but about 6-12 inches on the port side. Do you all think it will be louder if I go sub up, port back? The only problem is I will only have around 2-3 inches of room between the ports and the back of the hatch. Using aeros, and the box is somewhat rectangular.

If I try sub up, port back, I will have plenty of room on either side of it (due to it being rectangular), so it will be best to center it as best as possible, correct?

The port placement is fine for a trunk car. They generally work best either your way, or port back, just depends on the car in general. The skaking of the one mirror may be due to the fact that on the average, you open and close the drivers side of the car more than the passengers side, and the vibration from slamming that door over time will loosen the mirror. Unless you always have had a passenger get in with you everytime you enter the vehicle, which I doubt, the extra use of that door could be the case.

I've always had older cars and have realized this myself with my systems, even sealed boxes, and this is the theory I have come to.

Mine could also be due to the fact that I constantly move my drivers mirror depending on the way I sit at the time, but rarely do I move the passenger mirror.

ive noticed in all the cars i have had after market audio in,the drivers side mirror allways shakes more.even in a new vehicle.when you see the passenger side mirror vibrating like hell,then you know you gots da bass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

ive noticed in all the cars i have had after market audio in,the drivers side mirror allways shakes more.even in a new vehicle.when you see the passenger side mirror vibrating like hell,then you know you gots da bass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
You may be right, I'm just a lover of older cars, so I'll probably never own a newer car. It could just be the way cars are made

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.