Popping when changing source/station

Participant count
  • Participant list

naiku
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Virginia
OK so after I cured my noise problem, I put everything back together in my truck but I still have a problem somewhere (not had much time to look at it yet). When I change stations/source etc I hear a sort of popping (not the loud popping of turn on/off) sound and the sub moves in and out (feels like its moving all the way out when it does this). The pop is not all that loud, but its noticeable, I am more worried about the way the sub moves.

When it makes the pop if I put my hand beside the sub, I feel air moving, at the moment (not easy to reach back under the seat when sitting in the drivers seat) I can't tell if this is coming from around the speaker (leaking from the box) or not. If it is leaking from the box, is this what is causing the pop and the movement of the sub? (I have not yet checked if the pop comes from my speakers, only really noticed it on the way to work this morning)......... and finally, if this pop/movement is because of a leak around where the sub is screwed into the box what is the easiest way to seal this area?

And one last thing, I most likely can't get to look at this until the weekend........... should I simply disconnect my sub until I can look at it? I don't want to damage the sub. Thanks.

Edited: I did a bit of searching on here, before it's brought up I set my gains using the sticky in the amplifier section, the gains are less than halfway.

i dont know but i have the same problem...culprit = shitty ass alpine deck that i had warrantied that started doing the same thing 3 days after my 3 month warranty was up...FU alpine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.