popping sound only when CD is playing

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi all I just installed a Pioneer Super Tuner IIID in my Dads 98 Jeep Cherokee Sport, I also put in Kicker speakers all the way around. My problem is that when i put a CD in it the volume is not as loud as when i have it in tuner mode and there is a popping sound coming through the speakers ONLY WHEN THE CD IS PLAYING. any ideas what could be causing this?

yup bad CD and look in the manual... pioneer uses SLA technology and you just need to use a good CD and adjust it

what deck is it?

i am a Pioneer dealer and should be able to walk ya thru it...

try using the remote and press the audio button til you see the SLA adjustment or press the audio button then the F or function button and it should come right up..

yup bad CD and look in the manual... pioneer uses SLA technology and you just need to use a good CD and adjust it
what deck is it?

i am a Pioneer dealer and should be able to walk ya thru it...

try using the remote and press the audio button til you see the SLA adjustment or press the audio button then the F or function button and it should come right up..
hmm never did understand the 'SLA' thing. what exactly it is adjusting?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.