Polyfill Question ASAP

Originally posted by Mark_ab What does it look like? I assume Poly is the brand name. Is it a spray, or more of a stucko st yle, where you apply it with a spade, or something similar? Need the info ASAP, thanks!
Hehe now THAT's confusion. Poly = polyester, not a brand name. It's fluffy fabric material used for stuffing quilts, pillows, dolls, etc., you find it in the fabric dept at WalMart or any crafts/sewing/fabric store.

Worth the money? The stuff is a few dollars. I'm doing it because I have a rectangular hatch box and I want to eliminate my standing waves, as I've read it does such things.

i've used polyfill is sealed,will it work in ported? my subs are in a spec sized box, but was wondering if the polyfill will help out with some of the cancellation in the truck?

a pound to a pound and a half!!!!!!? that a **** load of polyfill!! is that really the recommended amount? that would fill the whole **** box with barely enough room fro the speakers.. lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

LuRp

yeah that really is the recommended amount, if you look at a box that is manufactured with polly fill it is stuff full of it, if there is a lot of extra room in the box around the polly fill it wont do its job thats y you need so much

MMray13, it doesnt quite work the same in a ported enclosure because you need room for the port to work properly.. If you put 2" around the box it should be plenty. Will help with standing waves, but they aren't the biggest problem in a ported box. Your biggest problems will be cancellation and resonance..I discovered Thursday night a 2001 Grand AM has a ton of resonance up front when the sub plays below certain freq's.. Two or more subs are gonna be the real pain for cancellation. Unfortunately that is a tough one to cure withoutspending a butt load of money. And I still haven't been able to get rid of it.

Mike

thnx mykeys. btw, it's MRRAY13, no biggie, i've seen the double m's alot here!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif it does look like double m's. anyway, the polyfill goes in today, just trying to figure out how to make it stay on the sides of the box.

The info I've found basically led me to the conclusion that unless you have precision audio analysis equipment you won't hear a difference between identical boxes, one with poly, one w/o.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.