Polk Carbon C400.4 vs Alpine MRV F540

Participant count
  • Participant list

fatisbac
10+ year member

Ok so question is basically in the title. I just picked up a mint alpine MRV F540 for trade on some services I rendered. I am wondering from anybody who has heard these two amps, which they think is better. The polk amp i currently have in is the last Italian made amp before polk sold out. It is a champ on the SQ, but its also getting old and I can fry eggs on it after commuting. The alpine amp I know is a lot newer, and I am wondering if I am going to notice a solid difference in SQ. The amp is currently running my power hungry DDW6.5s (dd germans) and 4 DDT2 tweeters. This is in a 350z and it can hand some power. My thought on buying the amp is that I can send a lot more power with the newer amp. I can bridge my doors for more mid bass. Look up fatisbac on youtube if you want to see video of car.

Ok so question is basically in the title. I just picked up a mint alpine MRV F540 for trade on some services I rendered. I am wondering from anybody who has heard these two amps, which they think is better. The polk amp i currently have in is the last Italian made amp before polk sold out. It is a champ on the SQ, but its also getting old and I can fry eggs on it after commuting. The alpine amp I know is a lot newer, and I am wondering if I am going to notice a solid difference in SQ. The amp is currently running my power hungry DDW6.5s (dd germans) and 4 DDT2 tweeters. This is in a 350z and it can hand some power. My thought on buying the amp is that I can send a lot more power with the newer amp. I can bridge my doors for more mid bass. Look up fatisbac on youtube if you want to see video of car.
Absolutely use the alpine. It's a very nice amp. Have never used one, but it has enough power and is solid.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.