Police Radar

:sighs:
Most of you guy's radar detectors are only going to tell you when your about to get pulled over.........

V1 or phantom
Ah not true. I've yet to get a ticket in the two years I've had My Pro73. And I usually drive 10-25 over on the interstate if traffic is fairly spread apart (sometimes even faster on rare occasions). There's lots of good detectors out there.

Of course, a lot of it has to do with common sense, too. I always make sure to slow down and look carefully when approaching bridges, onramps, and median structures which would be likely hiding spots.

how do these things work from what i heard if there is like metal objects around you such as cars signs structures it will pick it up

They are sensitive to a certain set of frequencies (radar and laser operating frequencies). If a frequency is detected, it beeps and blips at ya.

Around DFW it seems like most cops are using Ka, and some K. Most of the falses I get are X band from atomatic doors at storefronts. I just took a road trip from Dallas to Colorado and back, and by far Ka was the main band used.

I actually got a ticket about one hour outside of DFW on my way up to CO. It was a TX State Trooper with instant on radar at night, and I was the only car on the road for a big stretch. Even if I'd had the ZR3 shifter I plan on getting, it would not have saved me. In that case, instant on radar is even more dangerous than laser for a speeder.

But still, I love my Passport SR7 and would highly recommend it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

amoffitt

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
amoffitt
Dallas Tx
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date