Pointing direction of tweeters

MicraMan

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, looking to (probably) set a component speakers on my car, and watching some videos I discovered the tweeters are not really pointing to the altitude where front sitting people (driver and copilot) ears are. It surprises me because I thougth tweeters in component speakers MUST point directly to the head altitude, but maybe in car audio one can just try to do an approximation to the best scenario possible rather than doing really things as a HiFi music lover would do (of course talking where one or two thousand euros can't be spend. Low budget here)

So should I be happy with just placing the tweeters where a better position than the woofer is? Just mildly to head area?

Thanks

You didn't say the vehicle, so I'll just throw this out there. Vehicles aren't designed to be perfect. The engineers have their way, and come up with a concept. Then the accountants come in, and tell em they can't do that, and need to cut back on all sorts of costs, (most of which most people would never notice). They have to scale it WAY back on optimal to make it budget competitive. Then the factory stereo is going to be good enough for what is probably 90% of the people that buy it, and maybe 2% of "car people". There is MOST LIKELY, A LOT that anyone with a little knowledge can do to improve for what is minimal to you, but even a dollar to them is going to add up.

Don't expect any factory stereo to be good enough for an audiophile, that came factory, in a vehicle that is under $100K. If you think you can come up with a better way to do it, you probably can. You probably can't do better than what the engineers COULD have done, but if you are willing to put in the time, and spend a little more, then you can definitely outdo the accountants.

So should I be happy with just placing the tweeters where a better position than the woofer is? Just mildly to head area?
Most car manufacturers put them in the side mirror sails or the A pillar. It is a very good spot for it is ear height for most people. I personally have them high in the A pillars reflecting off the windshield. My hearing is prone to distort with bright treble so that works best for me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...