Point of expensive head unit if using DSP?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello everyone,

as the title suggests, I'd like to hear people's opinions on expensive head units when a DSP gets involved. For example, I found a head-unit that has everything I wanted, such as a good equalizer, time-alignment, crossover capabilities, capacitive touchscreen etc. This was the Pioneer DMH-W4660.

However, I decided to buy a DSP so I can get more channels and crossover everything more precisely. My question then becomes, is a $500-600 head unit worth if the DSP handles most signal processing then? I have a ~$700-800 budget for a head unit and DSP combined, so I'm trying to figure out the perfect balance. I'm considering going with an expensive head unit like the W4660 and a cheaper DSP, like the Dayton Audio DSP-408 or a cheaper head unit and a more robust DSP like a JL Audio, perhaps.

Any help appreciated, thank you!

BND

Just get a head unit with the features you want and use the DSP for everything tuning wise.

That's why I am going with a cheap $300 Alpine double din and a DSP with my next build.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...