Please recommend speakers and amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ledvedder
10+ year member

NJ
Hi everyone, I've been out of the car audio game for a while, so I'm not sure what's good out there. My stepson just got his first car, a 2006 Chevy Cobalt. He'd like to upgrade the speakers and add an amp, that could also power a sub in the future. Can you recommend some decent 6.5" door speakers and an amp that is reasonably priced for a 17 year old?

Also, he bought a Dual touchscreen receiver. I don't know anything about these either.

Infinity Kappa 6-½'s and a decent four channel and a Pioneer 8704. Power all the 6-½'s off the amp until you get a sub (single 10" or 12"). Then run the rear Infinity's off of the deck power and power the sub with channels 3/4 on the amp. Just a thought.

I always liked Infinity reference and MB Quartz components speakers, but a lot has changed and there are a TON of new companies making quality components these days.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.