Please help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cages2Clouds

O'Fallon
Hello so I've been doing my research for my first audio system and have gotten really confused about the wattage and ohms and what's needed as far as my amp for the res of the system etc. Here's my list please advise as you see fit my goal is good clear sound and strong bass when I want it but not ridiculously strong bass.

New Rockville RXA-F1 1600 Watt Peak/800w RMS 4 Channel Amplifier Car Stereo Amp - Rockville Audio

Or this, heard bad things about BOSS but if it's good the black amp and red LED's would be perfect.

Boss PD5000 5000W Monoblock Phantom Series Class D Amplifier

2x Audiopipe TXX-APA-12RD (txxapa12rd) 800W 12" TXX Series Dual 4

PUNCH Speakers P165-SI - 6.5" 2-Way Euro Fit Compatible System Internal Xover | Rockford Fosgate®

6.5in Component Speakers

if your on the cheep,

look into the soundqbed subs and amps.

they have good stuff.

dont buy them subs, or boss amps.

also you need to let us now how much money are you willing to spend.

that way we can make recommendations .

Instead of that boss.. I'd go this route for the same price: Hifonics BRX1516.1D (brx15161d) 1500W Monoblock Brutus Series or better yet.. This: * NEW * CAB-1600.1 Amplifier - Car Audio Bargain
That CAB amp will be perfect! So is there an easy way you could explain the specs of the Audiopipe subs I have above and the equation needed to determine if the amp will work with it?

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

At 500RMS wouldn't that be greatly weaker?

if your on the cheep,look into the soundqbed subs and amps.

they have good stuff.

dont buy them subs, or boss amps.

also you need to let us now how much money are you willing to spend.

that way we can make recommendations .
Thx, totally forgot about that. I'm looking to spend about $1,000-1,500, honestly the main reason I picked those subs is cuz I saw they have 800RMS and are red which is a big deal, black and red is my Mustangs color scheme. I was thinking about painting a pair of subs if I couldn't find a reasonably powerful/affordable pair.

Also I found these JL Audio C2-650 would they be better then the Infiniti 6.5's?

Thx, totally forgot about that. I'm looking to spend about $1,000-1,500, honestly the main reason I picked those subs is cuz I saw they have 800RMS and are red which is a big deal, black and red is my Mustangs color scheme. I was thinking about painting a pair of subs if I couldn't find a reasonably powerful/affordable pair.
Also I found these JL Audio C2-650 would they be better then the Infiniti 6.5's?
That's a good budget...

and you're looking at TERRIBLE quality gear.

Check out Genesis dust caps, they can be added to any subwoofer..

Genesis Custom Audio Red 6.5" CF Dust Cap

visit the soundsolutionsaudio.com website as recommended. The brands that are carried their are some of the best in car audio. I'd stick to those brands.

and dont paint the cones. it will change the way it sounds.

a good 400rms sub will sound better then a 600rms crappy sub.

also im sure that sub you listed will not take that power... you will see smoke.

ssa has some nice gear.

with that kind of cash, stick to the better brands. you will pay more but you get what you pay for...

what are you after??

sound quality or nasty bass ( spl ) loud overall

That's a good budget...and you're looking at TERRIBLE quality gear.

Check out Genesis dust caps, they can be added to any subwoofer..

Genesis Custom Audio Red 6.5" CF Dust Cap

visit the soundsolutionsaudio.com website as recommended. The brands that are carried their are some of the best in car audio. I'd stick to those brands.
Yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing. lol hopefully I can change that and I vastly appreciate all the help from you guys. Also $1,500 is my max, I'd like to stay as close to $1,000 as possible.

Btw, is this an acceptable head unit AVH-X5600BHS - 2-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver with 7" WVGA Touchscreen Display, MIXTRAX, Bluetooth®, HD Radio™ Tuner, SiriusXM Ready, and AppRadio Mode for iPhone® | Pioneer Electronics USA

50/50 or 60 bass/ 40 quality, I'd like good quality sound but once I turn up the bass it hits. Doesn't have to be the loudest flippin thing out there or the clearest.

what are you after??sound quality or nasty bass ( spl ) loud overall
Also if it helps, this won't be in the trunk or in a box, I'm removing my rear seat and fabricating a rear seat delete kit to support the sound system. What kind of additional battery or battery capacitor should I look at?

Also if it helps, this won't be in the trunk or in a box, I'm removing my rear seat and fabricating a rear seat delete kit to support the sound system. What kind of additional battery or battery capacitor should I look at?
What will the subs be in? If I understand you correctly this will be a fabricated seat for the subs? Have you figured out how much cu.ft you have to play with for the subs?? This plays a role too

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.