Please help

Jakerrr
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
On my phone right now in my car far away from home so I can't use a computer.

I disconnected the faceplate on my kenwood x998 does this erase the settings? Thought it was the cd release, which I still cannot find. Just got an installation done and I'm wondering if the eq is the way it was when they set it. Bass boost is on now, I don't know if that was on vefore etc.

Thanks

Edit

Smiley face was accident. I'm definitely not smiling as I'm not playing my sub until I find out what I do

no. its for taking the face off so people will feel more secure about not gettin robbed. but faceplates are easily obtainable again from manufacturer.

so iuts really pointless.

unless you disconnect the deck completely

If you are on here and have internet connection..you should be able to download the PDF manual on your phone for the HU/radio..But NO..removing the face plate will not effect your settings..You should be able to push a release button either next to the power button on the left or lower left corner, should pop out at ya.To replace simply slide from right in slot and push in to left to secure back in place and power back up with your normal settings.

I can't figure out how to post a thread but I had an audio shop try and install a new ct sounds 1400.1 amp on my two 12" ct sounds 4 ohm 12"s. I believe he arc'd the amp (switched the positive and ground) because I saw a spark and him quickly pull the wires and switch them, now my subs won't hit on the new amp or my old amp, when I press on the subs they don't scratch so I don't think there blown, both amps get power but my subs aren't. Idk what to do

I can't figure out how to post a thread but I had an audio shop try and install a new ct sounds 1400.1 amp on my two 12" ct sounds 4 ohm 12"s. I believe he arc'd the amp (switched the positive and ground) because I saw a spark and him quickly pull the wires and switch them, now my subs won't hit on the new amp or my old amp, when I press on the subs they don't scratch so I don't think there blown, both amps get power but my subs aren't. Idk what to do
That should have just blown a fuse imediately.Most of the time just replacing the fuse and you are fine unless he blew the power supply ?in which sounds like it is working now??So may just be the enclosure your subs are in if you are having same issues of sound/not hitting with the old amp...

But not to Jack this thread..You can post a new thread and ask in the proper section and get some help from several people on here

Click on FORUM on left side of page and scroll down to general discussion and click there and run a thread of your question../help

Thanks everyone I fixed this. Got new problems now though... When I have my sub on volume 20, its pretty freakin loud, even though the cone looks like its not even moving. Pretty crazy... But when I turn it up to around 27 or higher (out of 35), the screws loosen and the sub starts rattling like crazy and jumping around. Even is causing the box to flex and jump a bit. There really is a ton of output id say around 145 db somewhere around 39 hz but how do I keep these screws in place???! I've tightened them as much as possible they just seem to loosen up when I surpass 27/30 volume.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.