Please Help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok... I Have 1 12" Massive RW12 which runs at 400 rms and 800 max which is running off a massive p1000.1 1000 rms 2000 max currently installed in my 92' BMW 325is .... yes i kno that is way to much power going to one sub but I was planning to add another sub eventualy..... but u kno what i figured i might as well jus go for what i planned for the final install... I now have 2 Massive CW12s 600rms 1200 max each.. to run those I also purchused a Massive P1500.1 Mono block which i now currently sitting in my house..... the problem is that with the system i have now, it is draining my power in my car... by that i mean my headlights flash, clock light flashes, ect... bottom line is that its not makin me too happy.... i have been told that i need a new alternator, or a new battary, but I did purchuse a Massive Cap2 which is a 2 farad Capasitor, to possibly help a little.... i jus want to kno what u thought about the subject... I do have a low budget right now so spending 500 on a new alternator isnt exactly easy for me..... thanks alot!

Ok... I Have 1 12" Massive RW12 which runs at 400 rms and 800 max which is running off a massive p1000.1 1000 rms 2000 max currently installed in my 92' BMW 325is .... yes i kno that is way to much power going to one sub but I was planning to add another sub eventualy..... but u kno what i figured i might as well jus go for what i planned for the final install... I now have 2 Massive CW12s 600rms 1200 max each.. to run those I also purchused a Massive P1500.1 Mono block which i now currently sitting in my house..... the problem is that with the system i have now, it is draining my power in my car... by that i mean my headlights flash, clock light flashes, ect... bottom line is that its not makin me too happy.... i have been told that i need a new alternator, or a new battary, but I did purchuse a Massive Cap2 which is a 2 farad Capasitor, to possibly help a little.... i jus want to kno what u thought about the subject... I do have a low budget right now so spending 500 on a new alternator isnt exactly easy for me..... thanks alot!
Only having a cap is not gonna help you at all..

You need to get a better battery.. like an optima yellow top..

and do the big 3..

Do you know the stock alternator amperage rating? I'm running 1kw RMS between my two amps with no dimming at all. I have a 117amp alt in the jeep.

Sounds like you could have a bad battery or a bad ground on your amplifier.

When my brother installed my old subs/amp in his car, his ground wasn't solid. With only 250w rms he was dimming his lights. As soon as he created a solid ground, all dimming went away.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.