Please Help

Ok... I Have 1 12" Massive RW12 which runs at 400 rms and 800 max which is running off a massive p1000.1 1000 rms 2000 max currently installed in my 92' BMW 325is .... yes i kno that is way to much power going to one sub but I was planning to add another sub eventualy..... but u kno what i figured i might as well jus go for what i planned for the final install... I now have 2 Massive CW12s 600rms 1200 max each.. to run those I also purchused a Massive P1500.1 Mono block which i now currently sitting in my house..... the problem is that with the system i have now, it is draining my power in my car... by that i mean my headlights flash, clock light flashes, ect... bottom line is that its not makin me too happy.... i have been told that i need a new alternator, or a new battary, but I did purchuse a Massive Cap2 which is a 2 farad Capasitor, to possibly help a little.... i jus want to kno what u thought about the subject... I do have a low budget right now so spending 500 on a new alternator isnt exactly easy for me..... thanks alot!

You have dimming issues. A forum search will give you a whole lot of solutions to your problem. To get you on the right track here is a basic overview of what you can do.

(1) Do the big 3 upgrade. There is a sticky about how to do it. I went from a voltage drop of ~12.5v to ~13.5v after doing this upgrade. It might fix your problem, might not...it should be done though. Cost: 10ft 4ga wire with fuse

(2) Set your gains correctly on your amplifier. Again there is a sticky about this. If they are set incorrectly (say maxed out) you are putting more strain on your electrical system. Cost: $10-15 if you don't already access to a multimeter.

(3) Upgrade your alternator. There are several brands out there: Iraggi, HO Alternators, Mean Grean, Ohio Gen, Excessive Amperage... Cost: somewhere around 300-500 bucks.

(4) Add an extra battery. If you go this route get a deep cycle battery. Cost: ~150 without an isolator, probably like 250 with an isolator.

I listed those in the order I would do them. Do 1 and 2 for sure then check your dimming issues. To set your gains you will need a multimeter (DMM), so you may want to check your supply voltage (alternator/battery voltage) when you are bumping. That way you can see how bad your problem really is. Hope that helps out a little bit.

isolators are $55 for 200 amp

I would contact iraggi about an alternator- please let us know what he says to. I am interested in the outcome because i'd love to have a similar car as a project down the road. Hopefully, he has what you need.

the other guy had the orde rright- but if an appropriate alternator is not available you'll have to respost and ask a slightly different question

I've heard of re-winds as a solution. I have no experience on this but some guys over at other forums have had their stock 70 amp alternators re-wrapped to 300 amps.

I believe I saw a quote of 200$ for a re-wrap to 190 amps. This was a long time ago, I can't remember well though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.