Please help with a Moe Lester box & port

Participant count
  • Participant list

SLIM3001
10+ year member

I love bass
GB
Hi guys Right i have been working on a box in BBP6 and i was about to ask for some help when i found Moe Lester box's the one box he has is the same spec i was working on. But the port in his pic dont look right to me.

( PLEASE NOTE IM NEW SO COULD BE REALY WRONG )

I say the becouse the port is 2.5 wide but when you get the the top part of the port it then become 2.127 are somthing like that. I was told you need the port to have the same amout of space along the box ?.

All so in BBP it say's a need a port thats 24inch in Lenght but the Moe Lester box the port is only 18 inch long

This is the box im going to use

295cubes34hz3625sqin2dd.png

The port cut list dont seem to work out right in BBP the port is coming out at like 38hz so im a bit lost

PS sorry to Moe Lester not trying to say ure stuff is wrong as im only going BBP and its not adding up

bbp ***** for ports, don't even bother, just see if the length and area of the port are correct for the tuning you desire, if so, make it

Yer 18 mm mdf

So start with the front baffle 0.709 inch add 10.25 + 2end port 0.709 =11.668

15 - 11.668 = 3.332 then take the back of 3.332 - 0.709 = 2.623 so tha's like

1.23 inch over sized. But as i say im new to working out the box cut's and i only go from BBP

bbp ***** for ports, don't even bother, just see if the length and area of the port are correct for the tuning you desire, if so, make it

Yer that's true but ure still ment to keep the port the same size so im told.

So its 2.5 wide on both side's

That design is accurate based on 3/4” wood..

Here how it flows:

.75 (thickness front panel) + 10.25 ( 1st port wall) + .75 (thickness of port 2) = 11.75

15.00 (port side) - .75 (thickness of back panel) – 11.75 (from above) = 2.5

so its all the same size right and its tuned to just under 35 hz ?

So thats cool as i say im new dont know much so wanted to ask

and the length may look wrong to u if you simply add up the lengths of the pieces of wood to make the port, but u measure a port through the center, even in the bend, notice the red colored measurements in the center of the port on moe's design

Oh ok did not know that

( rpfuror ) Say's that design is accurate based on 3/4” wood the .75 =19mm but i cant get 19mm i will be using 18mm .709

how much out you think the tuning will be

18mm is basically the same as 19mm. Most designs are exchangeable. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

cool then keep ure eye's open for a new log with pic's of only my secend box lol the first 1 i did was crap lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.