please help me

dbearcat

Ok i need to know this for a fact before i spend more money. I have a 2002 ford mustang with the mach 460 and i was to replace the fatory head unit with a after market alpine. Well i was told that inorder for the head unit to work that i must replace the facory amplifier also. Is this true or falsed...please help me if you know any diffrent. Thank you so much for your help

Not 100% accurate. Some of the newer systems use 1 or 2 ohm drivers, have built in crossovers and subwoofers as well. So if he is to bypass this amp without knowing what the balance of the system is and he may indeed have a 1 ohm driver set up, how long do you think his new Alpine headunit is going to last? What you need is a proper interface adaptor to allow the headunit to be used with the factory amp. One that may work for you is the Scosche SLC4. http://www.scosche.com/scosche_caraudio.aspx?CategoryID=36&ItemID=SLC4

You are also more than likely going to need a resistor to knock down the voltage on the remote on line so it does not pop. IIRC, the Ford Mach systems use a 6volt turn on to trigger the amp. A qualified shop in your area is your best bet to do this properly. If this shop is intent on selling you a new amp and speaker system, go to another shop and ask about integrating a new cd player into the factory system. One shop will give you the results that you need to have the job done properly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.