Please Help Me And My Systzem Out...

dbolm666
10+ year member

Hey everyone i'm asking everyone's opinon on this...i am trying to make my first starter system...i just went out and bought me a pioneer deh3500 and two 12 kenwood tornado subs, yeah i know it might not be that great but i'm on a budget...my first question is my front size speakers are only a size 3 1/2. what are GREAT three and a half speakers (less then a hundred bucks)...Second the rear takes 6x9's, whats a good 6x9 to throw in the back without an amp (under 150.00) ...last question is jensen a good enuff amp to power my subs...each sub is only 150-175 rms...Thatnk you very much all help is appreciated.

be a bit more specific bob...

Your yensen is probally able to power them altho you should state which exact type you own. For the 6x9´s, what are you trying to achieve and what is your personal choice ?

If you like high stereo effects and a decent clear sound in ya face then I would leave the 6x9´s out. If you want some rear filling you might look into the jbl gto 6x9 speakers, they are fairly cheap and do have a good musical sound when not on a amp... wouldnt go for 3way tho.

For the 3 1/2 I would give paikaih a message, think he adviced somebody with a truck recently about which brands where good in that range of speaker. The tornado subs where not so good at giving some spl but did have a fairly good SQ i recall.

For your statement about the subs.. never apoligize about YOUR choices, as long as you are behind your choice then there´s no opinion that matters on it... next to that I started like you and I like the road that lies behind me, from budget system to a high-end system teaches you and makes sure that you continously enjoy music more... step by step on the quality level //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

if you go to http://www.thezeb.com you can get some good cheap stuff. I am also new at this car audio stuff and am learning the ropes {slowly} from my boyfriend. I have Audiobahn speakers in my car and I love them. They sound decent without an amp (though I plan to amp mine). I think audiobahn would be good for what it seems you are looking for. Looks like you can get decent one's on that site at about $100 per set. (ACX693, ACX352) they are full range and hit highs and lows ok.

As for the amp since your subs are a low RMS a jensen amp would probably work fine. Though Jensen doesn't really make the greatest stuff. It's ok for what you are looking for. I know some people who really like Rockford stuff try looking into that. It would be better quality than the Jensen and would probably sound better. There is a price difference but you will get a more clear sound out of it.

Don't know if i helped. I know very little about car audio. Like i said I am learning. I do fairly well for a girl though. Know more than most.

I personally wouldn't go with Pioneer amps and speakers. I believe they make better headunits. Perhaps just a personal preference though. They sound alright for the price. however if you look hard enough you can find better quality for a similar price.

Dude that's my girlfriend, WTF!!!?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

She's been hanging around me way too long...

Rockford might be a bit too expensive for you. Another brand to look into is Lanzar for your amp. As far as speakers go I'd go to your local shop and listen to what sounds best to you and get those. We can all suggest speakers all day long, but you have to like them.

You can save some money by ordering online so you can just go and listen. Look at everything they have. Then see what you can hunt down online that you liked.

Those 6x9s she suggested you are a good speaker. They might even hit as hard as your subs. They have a 45oz magnet on them. I don't know if they will fit in your car though.

Both sets of speakers can be had for $110 though. A Lanzar 150x2 is only $80. Puts your grand total to $300. Not sure if I would go with those Audiobahns without an amp though. The 3 1/2s would be fine. The 6x9s I wouldn't do off a head unit. The 6 1/2"s sound fine, but the 6x9 is a monster of a speaker.

For 6X9s I recommend the Infinity Reference series. Great speakers, and they're heavily discounted on eBay. The Pioneer 3-ways are also very nice.

For 3.5's I used to have Infinity Kappa's but found that the tweeters were a bit too loud up front. I switched to Boston Acoustics and I love them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.