PLEASE HELP!!! I have a KENWOOD dnn770hd radio for my car......

I have a KENWOOD DNN770HD car stereo. i wrecked my last car that it was in and i bought another of the same car. I reinstalled it and it remembered my last account. as it walks me through the simple steps (date, time, etc) it then takes me to the "user" screen. it asks if i want to sign in under my name or as a guest. i click on my name then it prompts me for a password. I click on the password box and a curser appears but it doesnt allow me to type. instead, it gives me a message "PARK OFF". what is happening?? this particular model does not have a function that prevents me from watching dvds while i drive so I know that is not the problem. thank you!!!

believe it or not, this one particular model does not have a "parking brake" wire. i bought it specifically for that reason. it was first installed, "professionally" in my 2003 monte. they screwed it up and i had to rewire it. it got wrecked and now i put it in a 2002 monte. there is definetly no "parking brake" wire.

The ones crutchfield sells seem to

g113DNN770H-o_back.jpg

And the manual states certain things can only be done with the parking brake on

http://manual.kenwood.com/ce/im365/NorthAmerica/English(en)/010_SettingUp.html

wth does a parking brake have to do wth car audio?!?!
Its a safety feature. People were watching DVD's while driving so car manufacturers started putting them in and car audio companies started adding features to prevent that.

Its a safety feature. People were watching DVD's while driving so car manufacturers started putting them in and car audio companies started adding features to prevent that.
Ah makes sense . Thanks for not being a jackass about a reply....as some other un-named people might have.

Driving distractions 101.....put the phone down and drive....quit watching dvd's and drive!!

i dont understand if, it was the parking brake case, why wouldnt it allow me to simply "sign in" under my name, while the car is parked or running, and not allow me to "type" my password in. when i try to the the curser on to type, it appears then the little message "PARK OFF" briefly appears. again, this model does not have the parking break wire. i just downloaded the instructions and it shows a diagram of the 990hd model, with a parking break wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.