Please help! 2 Kicker CVRs 12s Box Design!

DeboLotti
10+ year member

Hey, before you read this Imma just say I know Im asking a lot with this.

I just picked up 2 Kicker Cvrs 12s from a guy. They are the 124 model (DVC) and they are 4 ohms, so I will wire them down to 1 ohm to match my 1 ohm stable amp, (Kenwood KAC 9104d). I know this isnt the best amp for this, but its the same one from my last setup.

Now, how do i wire 2 DVC, 4OHM subs down to 1 OHM? Please explain thoroughly.

Also, what box do you reccomend? My friend has a bandpass he is willing to sell to me for cheap. I hear good and bad about them, so I'm not sure. I have no clue what order it is, if you could describe them Im sure Id be able to figure it out.

Also, my dad is a handyman. He has powersaws, circular saws, the works. Would it better to go to LOWES, pick up some 5/8" MDF, and make it ourselves. I have no idea of the reccomened specs for a ported box for two kicker cvrs. And yes I want it PORTED. Last setup was sealed, (2 CVR 10s) so I want to try something a little different.

If you are partial to the Do it yourself, could you please tell me everything I need?

and could you please design or help me design a ported setup. It's going to a pontiac g6, so lots of trunk room. I just went outside and measured it, and with a little space for manuevering, I figured the depth should be 25" or less, (and thats with room to slide it in through the trunk opening or from the back seats), the height should be 15" or less, and the width should be 32" or less.

I dont know what materials I need, or where to find them. Also, I would like the box tuned to 34hz or somewhere in the general area, for loud boomy rap. I like to turn heads with my bass, and sometimes it can bit to be a little obnoxious, so boominess is ok because I will be able to turn the subs on or off with my headunit.

Whoever responds, thanks alot, and could you please leave your email so I can ask you further questions if i get confused and can show you the finished product! Thanks.

Was another guy asking about box dim. for 2 CVR 12s the other day. I'll give you the same advice I gave him, try to get 3.5 cu. net per sub if at all possible. Looking at your available dimensions, you are at like 6.94 cu before displacement. Do external aeros and you'll be extremely close to perfect for those subs. Tune 34-38. Enjoy your results.

Subs up, port forward/back (try turning it both ways to see what you like in the cabin best)

Vented enclosure specs for CVR 12 from kicker website i used these along with RE Box calculator i went from a sealed enclosure to vented big difference but i was only able to get 3.5 cubes due to trunk space and i tuned to 34 hz. i built this box for about 50.00$ in material good learning experience as well RE makes it easy with the cut sheet i highly recommend.

Min Rec Vented Box Volume (CU. Ft., Liters)** 1.75, 49.6

Max Rec Vented Box Volume (CU. Ft., Liters)** 2.25, 63.7

th_download.jpg

th_download1.jpg

th_CVR12.jpg

Yes! Mine is probably going to be about 3.7-3.9 cubes. Besides the MDF, where did you find the terminals and glue. Also what AWG wire do I use to wire subs! Thanks

Use just regular clear silicone from the paint department. Put the silicone on your joints before you screw it together, a solid bead of caulking with give you the seal you are looking for. It is very important to pre drill before you put the screws in because the mdf will split easily. As far as the terminals go if you have a local stereo shop they will probably sell one to you but if not try radio shack. You want to be able to put an 8gauge at most or a 12gauge speaker wire in it.

GOOD LUCK

Thanks guys. And yeah i figures it would be pushing it those were like the max dimensions. SuperChevyMan i would really like to just copy your box design as i also want mine tuned to 34Hz. Did you still have the measurements by any chance? Id really appreciate it man ... Im new to this guys lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.