please give me your honest opinion on this box

Either buy prefabs, or build your own man. I got a quote for a box for 2 8" subs from a local shop for $ 600.00. I tried 3 different people/companies recommended to me here, and after answering all their questions, I got the same thing, there are people ahead of you. Well, no *****. This may sound nuts, but in all my years as an operations manager and sole proprietorship, I used this marvelous invention known as a calender. I could always look to the right and find a day on it where I would be finished with current customers work, and be able to move on to the next customers job. If I find myself having to chase down someone to give them my business, I can only imagine how things will go once they have my money. So, to sum it up:

A- Bite the bullet and hire the locals.

B- Buy prefabs and make do

C- Build your own boxes
Then shop's pizz and moan when ppl buy stuff off the internet.600 for a box that isn't for competition is outrageous.Option C is the only way to go anymore.Buy a used circular saw,(bits and blades are cheap)jig saw,drill,wood glue and screw's.After the initial purchase boxes can be built for 50.00 after that.Well worth the savings imo.Lot's of box building programs online.Good luck op.

Then shop's pizz and moan when ppl buy stuff off the internet.600 for a box that isn't for competition is outrageous.Option C is the only way to go anymore.Buy a used circular saw,(bits and blades are cheap)jig saw,drill,wood glue and screw's.After the initial purchase boxes can be built for 50.00 after that.Well worth the savings imo.Lot's of box building programs online.Good luck op.
jig saw is better than a router? well i know its not but is that what you prefer? than just sand up the cut to make it nice nd smooth?

i have a circular saw, drills, wood and glue can be bought. a jigsaw isnt that much money but is it easier to use than a router? routers make perfect circles

jig saw is better than a router? well i know its not but is that what you prefer? than just sand up the cut to make it nice nd smooth?
i have a circular saw, drills, wood and glue can be bought. a jigsaw isnt that much money but is it easier to use than a router? routers make perfect circles
I use a jigsaw.Yeah it isn't perfect but who see's it?Can be used on other stuff as well.Take your time and you can make a nice circle.

I use a jigsaw.Yeah it isn't perfect but who see's it?Can be used on other stuff as well.Take your time and you can make a nice circle.
ahh.... i seee. just watched a bunch of youtube videos on using a jigsaw... its not hard at all. i really wanna build a box. 1 sheet of birch will be awesome! my uncle has an entire woodshop in his basement with table saws, jig saws, everything, he probably has over 100 grand in tools. gonna give this a shot hopefully soon

All my boxes I've built has been done with a Jigsaw for the sub cutout. You won't get a perfect circle, but it'll be darned good if you take your time.

Also I would recommend getting a design from Buck who posted here earlier. He's a wizard at box building. There are others that are good on here as well.

All my boxes I've built has been done with a Jigsaw for the sub cutout. You won't get a perfect circle, but it'll be darned good if you take your time.
Also I would recommend getting a design from Buck who posted here earlier. He's a wizard at box building. There are others that are good on here as well.

yep im going to see. checking out these 2 local shops on price quotes.... the thing is not about building a box, its about the space in the trunk there is to work with. the space in the 2008+ Honda accord has wierd grooves i can only go like 13 inches high and 30 inches wide. its going to be raised off the floor cuz of humps in the trunk from the wheel arches

ahh.... i seee. just watched a bunch of youtube videos on using a jigsaw... its not hard at all. i really wanna build a box. 1 sheet of birch will be awesome! my uncle has an entire woodshop in his basement with table saws, jig saws, everything, he probably has over 100 grand in tools. gonna give this a shot hopefully soon
Post a pic when you're done.Always good to do it yourself and say ''i did that'' good luck

Post a pic when you're done.Always good to do it yourself and say ''i did that'' good luck
If i wasnt busy studying for dental school acceptance test i would run to home depot tomorrow and build box (well after i have a design made) it takes a full 2-3 months to study for this exam studying 7 days a week

So this box has the EXACT dimensions i have to work with in my car, 23 inches wide, 16 inches high and 16 inches deep. its made for the JL W7 so it has extra support up front. i have no clue what the tuning of this box is it doesnt say and has no port dimensions
Ground Shaker W7P 1 12 12" Ported JL W7 Pro Subwoofer Enclosure

thats the box and i according to these calculations it says it has 2.61596 in the12volt box calculator

you guys think this would be good for a 12 inch SSA XCON?
2 Cu. Ft. Custom-Ported MDF Subwoofer Enclosure for 12" Round Sub (2.0 @ 32Hz)

3 Cu. Ft. Custom-Ported MDF Subwoofer Enclosure for 12" Round Sub (3.0 @ 35Hz)

i would get a MSW enclosure over ground shaker if we are talking about prefabs...

SSA subs cannot stand being in small @ss enclosures, might as well go with a gigantic sealed enclosure for the Xcon if you dont have the room or $ and time for a proper enclosure. They aren't too bad in a sealed box.

i wish i can build my own box, only tool missing would be a router which isnt that expensive to buy. i just dont have the time to do it now i study about 8-10 hours a day for dental school... gonna wait till early next week to see thier price quote. if they say 350-400 ill do it with them cuz they are gonna fix up my floor and build a wall covering the sides too making it look nice and OEM in the trunk. i will ask if they do payments/finance as well.
Go and Talk to DC Creations.

If i wasnt busy studying for dental school acceptance test i would run to home depot tomorrow and build box (well after i have a design made) it takes a full 2-3 months to study for this exam studying 7 days a week
Man, I would put this ***** aside and study.

Yeah true.Well good luck with whatever you do.

Man, I would put this ***** aside and study.
i do..but on the drive to work and whatnot i need my music lol cant live without my good sounding music otherwise it makes me depressed...its an addiction

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.