please be kind

clay

tx
Please be kind as im a noob to this stuff.

what i have

2x rockford 6x8 65 watt rms

2x rockford 6x9 75 watt rms

cheap i mean cheap crunch amp that supposed to max out at a 1000w (yeah right)

but anyhoo to my questions if i did my math right i should be getting about 17.3v out of the amp for the 6x9s if i set my gain correctly and 16.1 for the 6x8s

has anyone messed with one of these cheap amps and know if i will be able to get this out of it?

also i'm installing an inverter in the truck and was hoping to use the same double pair of 1/0 wire that is gonna feed the inverter. both pairs of 1/0 will go stright to the battery with a 250 amp fuse on both positives. thank you for any input that you can offer.

Are you gonna run that amp at 2 ohms or 4 ohms? Since the speakers you got are 10 watts diff a piece, makes no difference if both gains are set apart from each other.

i honestly didnt know if that was an option, their spec sheet reads 4ohm so thats what i was shooting for. obviously im not looking to blow the doors off just want some improvement over the 16 watts that my head unit is putting out. and if its not goona be that big of an improvement i may not bother installing it.

* edit thank you for your responces, i really am not all that educated about car audio

yeah thats what i ment is that the spec sheet on my speakers is 4 ohms, thats how i got the voltage that i should be shooting for from the amp 17.3 volts was the square root of 75 watts rms x 4 ohms. please correct me if mistaken

yeah thats what i ment is that the spec sheet on my speakers is 4 ohms, thats how i got the voltage that i should be shooting for from the amp 17.3 volts was the square root of 75 watts rms x 4 ohms. please correct me if mistaken
yes your math is right (if 4 ohm speakers) but for that amp i'd set all at 40rms (12-12.6v) just to be safe because amp must do the power u set gain for or u will be clipping., and i'd bet that amp does like 75x4 @ 2 ohm not 4 so set it lower to make sure u aren't over driving it and u should get more that twice hu power anyway.. no use to blow speakers, u can find ok used amps on fb or cl like kenwoods etc like $30-$80 all the time

thank you both for the help, last question for the evening is in your oppion will there be a noticeable difference in the quality of the sound at higher volumes?

thank you both for the help, last question for the evening is in your oppion will there be a noticeable difference in the quality of the sound at higher volumes?
Should be. More cleaner power to speakers means it'll sound better.

if u mean between hu and amp power, probably just because amp won't work as hard as hu but like i said u can get fairly good little amps for cheap these days.. bigblank here has a youtube channel where he test amps, he just tested at dual 2 channel it did 86x2rms i think he said the 4 channel is like $89 anyway good to watch some dyno's and find amp that at least does rated power.. https://www.youtube.com/user/bigblank69/videos?disable_polymer=1

yes your math is right (if 4 ohm speakers) but for that amp i'd set all at 40rms (12-12.6v) just to be safe because amp must do the power u set gain for or u will be clipping., and i'd bet that amp does like 75x4 @ 2 ohm not 4 so set it lower to make sure u aren't over driving it and u should get more that twice hu power anyway.. no use to blow speakers, u can find ok used amps on fb or cl like kenwoods etc like $30-$80 all the time
Hurts to read that AND make sense of it.

if u mean between hu and amp power, probably just because amp won't work as hard as hu but like i said u can get fairly good little amps for cheap these days.. bigblank here has a youtube channel where he test amps, he just tested at dual 2 channel it did 86x2rms i think he said the 4 channel is like $89 anyway good to watch some dyno's and find amp that at least does rated power.. https://www.youtube.com/user/bigblank69/videos?disable_polymer=1
Dude!! he was asking for help on hooking up an amp properly....not looking to buy. Quit trying to be a salesman.

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

BG, Knock it off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.