Plastic/Carpet Trunk lining Removal?

brandontw
10+ year member

just some guy
Reno, NV
Im trying to fix up my trunk with all of my gear but this daamn molded plastic carpet trunk lining or whatever it is called is very troublesome. I looked into taking it all out but i think my trunk might look and sound like a ***** if i take this all out. it will probly echo and rattle alot. not to mention looking crappy because there is all these wire for tail lights and whatever else bihind it not hidden at all( its an 88 taurus crap mobile). I cant really afford dynamat yet or id just rip all that crap out and replace it with dynamatt.

Should i just go ahead and take it out so i can install the stuff right. would it sound that bad?

or other suggestions?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

During my replacement of a factory sub I had my factory plastic enclosure just sitting in the back with my new sub just sitting in it loosely and...
3 ways. 1st is to use a piece of copper or PVC tube shorter than the drill bit. Press it hard into the carpet and set the bit inside it. If you...
That's not a bad idea. I can get glass resin cheaper than cld sheets too. I could put cld over the glass to add more weight without having to just...
I too generally use the factory carpet to make my templates. It's also a good idea to put layer of butyl damping material under the MDF too...
If the amp is already part of the unit, with the amp built in, you would need a power supply, something like this: Or sell that amp amp and...

About this thread

brandontw

10+ year member
just some guy
brandontw
Reno, NV
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date