Placing amp on seat

I have my amp mounted on the back of my rear seat. It's quite simple, but take your time like anything in the audio world. Here's what to do...look to see if the fabric can be removed from the back of your seat. Most cars from '95 and up car christmas tree caps that snap into holes through the fabric into the back of your seat. The resemble a little christmas tree when turned upside down. If your car is older than '95, you might have velcro making this easier. Anyway, remove the fabric, there should be a metal frame behind there. place your amp on top of this metal to get a good fit. the frame is not all the same depth so select two closely raised parts(you'll know what I'm talking about when you see it) the just drill holes in the frame them in the fabric, 4 screws to hold the amp down and there you go. good luck

Altima:D

I WOULD USE A PIECE OF WOOD IF I WERE YOU GUYS, THE AMP MIGHT BURN THE FABRIC...JUST PAINT THE WOOD THE SAME COLOR AS THE AMP OR THE SAME COLOR AS THE BACK OF THE SEAT SO IT DOESNT LOOK BAD, MAYBE USE MDF EVEN.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.