pioneer vs clarion QUCICK!!! thx

Mac11
10+ year member

MacGyver
ok sorry for posting more threads like this but i need some help quickly. i am getting my girlfriend a deck for her b/d and i have it narrowed down to 2

Pioneer dehp6600

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-OQXlRlMac8r/cgi-bin/Prodview.asp?c=3&g=300&I=130DEHP660&s=0&cc=01

or the Clarion ProAudio DXZ845MC

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-OQXlRl...XZ845&s=0&cc=01

this is going to be for a girl that is not exactly an audiophile.

I would say her priorities are probably

1. Display/estetics

2. ease of use

3. sound quality

4. features

if there were no price difference which would be the better unit to go with for her? I personally like the Clarion, but i am that is just because i think they are better quality.....but i think the pioneers display is probably better and she will really like that. so since this deck isnt for me so i could use some help seeing another perspective. thanks

mac

The clarion link doesn't work... brings up generic page at crutchfield

Clarion DXZ845MC (fixed)

As far as asthetics go I'll give a nod to the Pioneer. I don't have quite the same model as that one but my pioneer does a decent job on SQ. It's also very easy to use. Also look if she's interested in sat radio. If she likes XM more get the pioneer, sirius get the clarion. Other than that the music catcher looks pretty cool.

CLARION. Seriously. The Pioneer doesn't even play MP3s.

Love the display on the Clarions, color changing so you can match your dash. Not the easiest to use, however, if you read through the manual for 5 minutes, it's not hard. Sound quality is great and it's got quite a bit of features (one important one being MP3s which the Pioneer doesn't have).

if it were for me id be all over the clarion actually probably the 745 but since its for my girl i am going with the pioneer. nice graphical display and easy to use are what i decided on. plus the pioneer is under 200$ from sound domain right now. and she isnt gonna care about mp3 playback.....mp3s sound like **** anyway. but thanks everybody for your input.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.