Pioneer TSW-3004SPL

ynot818
10+ year member

Are these subs any good? There is a 12" on ikesound.com for $125. I only want a single 12" since I am going to get a new car around December. What other recommendations do you have? Budget is around $180 & I will buy them amp after the sub probably going to buy a HiFonics since I don't have much $$$ and I might use the amp in my next car. these are some of the other two subs I've been looking at: Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

RE SE 12" around $185

12" Infinity Reference around $56 at sounddomain.

I have the Pioneer TS-W2000SPL's and they kick ass. Traksta14 has them too and he loves the set up. Never had experience with the particular ones your looking at, though.

I put some of the old SPL2000 Premiers in when we had them and we just got the new 3004s in a few weeks ago. I just put a few in last week and I think they are f***ingf awesome personally. They are not XXXs or anything but they are killer for Pioneers and get pretty **** loud. They also don't take as big of a ported box as a lot of higher end 12"s to get big output.

Pioneer makes somewhat decent subs. My friend has two Pioneer(dont know the model, probably cheapos) in a little sealed box he made in his Camaro they sound pretty loud. Def not for audiophiles but they are pretty nice.

Matter of fact I like them so much I bought a few at our yearly BOGO sale today... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

pioneerstack.jpg

premier3.jpg

premier1.jpg%20

premier2.jpg%20

Just need amps now..

Pioneer makes somewhat decent subs. My friend has two Pioneer(dont know the model, probably cheapos) in a little sealed box he made in his Camaro they sound pretty loud. Def not for audiophiles but they are pretty nice.
Pioneer makes a few different levels of subs. You have the cheapo Wal Mart subs, which are total crap in general. Next you have the medium line subs, which are nothing spectacular, but I had 8 12"s in my old Eclipse a few years ago and could not blow them for anything, they were bulletproof. These are good all around subs, ok SQ and get pretty loud for the $$$. The good Premier SQ sub is the kevlar cone yellow PRS series they are making now, which sound great. My TSW3004SPL is an upgraded version of last years TSW2000SPL borrowing technology from the TSW5000SPL 70 Pound sub, which recently did 176+ at a db drag show in the Edge Audio truck. Anyway my baby SPL subs are HUGE, power is 1000 RMS, the tinsel leads are around 12 gauge wire, the VC is large, and they get insanely loud. I like them because they will work in any enclosure you want to put them in, plus to get as loud as they do they don't sound bad. Since they finally just came out with some decent amps for the first time in several years I thought about doing those but I can't get the power/VC config I want so I will probably get a couple of Hifonics class d's.

thanks for the input. I might give these a try. I am glad to see that you really don't need a huge box for them to work nice. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'm either going to use a couple of Brutus BX 1500's or looking more like a single Gen XX Colossus. I want around 750-800 w per sub RMS. I am also going to design my own box, probably around 1.75-2.25 feet per sub ported. As far as sealed these would sound good and still thump in the 1 cube.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.