Pioneer TS-Z65CH Thoughts

Participant count
  • Participant list

MikadoWu

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello all,

I am looking into replacing my stock speaker in a 2001 Pontiac Trans Am. I REALY like the JL C5-650 , but just can not afford them ($500). Local shop only sells 3 brands. I called a shop a couple hours away and her recomended the Pioneer TS-Z65CH. Does anyone know how they compare? Are there better options that sound like the 650's at a better price point? Also, is it better to buy the speakers at a show (do you really save any money) or just go with local dealer?

Thank you

I have a set in my vehicle and i like them a lot. Pioneer TS-Z65CH. I wanted to go all Hi Res system. IMO they don't have a harsh sounding tweeter and the mids are clean sounding. I listen to a vast array of different music from hard metal rock to soft rock and country and and everything in between, I have liked what I hear. Music always sounds good. They are pushed by some Kenwood XR401-4 Hi Res amps. Pioneer TS-Z65CH got all 5 stars on Crutchfield. When i did my research on new component speaker i found out that Pioneer designed these speaker out of a special research lab in Japan to make then top notch. And you can't argue the price is good too for high quality component speakers like these. Crutchfield $299. maybe cheaper on ebay or amazon or elsewhere. IMO for $299 they are under rated and one of the best deals around. Just like their amps. I have had Polk MM and CDT and others and i like these Pioneers best.

Something to keep in mind is, Last year 2018 Pioneer car audio got bought out by some China company and we don't know in future what is going to happen to Pioneer. But for now the Pioneer Head Units and their Amp and Speakers seam to be good descent stuff. Will this new company junk up Pioneer like some other China companies have with other great brands from the past, don't know. But for now I was told that if you want a Pioneer item get it now wile the good stuff is still available. But if Pioneer sold it because the business news article said they we not making revenue then, what do most new companies do after a buy out? Many times they cut costs ether labor or quality. We will see. If anyone has any further news about this fill us all in. Especially any Pioneer car audio dealers that may read this Car Audio website. Ask your Pioneer Reps what is going on. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.