Pioneer PT546-00121 w/ backup camera.

Participant count
  • Participant list

wbrigance

CarAudio.com Newbie
Pioneer PT546-00121 w/ backup camera.

I installed the above unit into a 2006 Toyota Tundra for the purpose of installing a rearview camera. I am not an audio video guy, but can follow instructions pretty good. After the install of radio and camera, the camera didn't come on when i put the truck into reverse. A friend reviewed the setup and was baffled as to why it wasn't working. Fast forward about six months and the camera suddenly worked for the first time. After turning off the truck, and re-cranking, it didn't work again. However, i was able to duplicate the working camera by putting the truck in reverse as soon as i can after cranking, but before the radio "wakes up". Why is this the case?

Attachments

• pt54600121.JPG
    pt54600121.JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 11
Why is this the case?
How positive are you that the reverse camera power supply was spliced in with a reverse light wire? If you used one of those blue wire splicers that have a sheath cutting blade, it may be the issue. Also make sure the camera is set to 12v positive trigger. The Pioneer I use has an on screen manual camera button, see if it is activated; it disables the camera.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...