Pioneer or JVC

Jared_109

JVC KW-M730BT (or any in that family, new 740, 830/40, whatever) vs Pioneer 2300/2330NEX? Went to local audio shop and was recommended the JVC over the Pioneer. Any input on this? I’ve always been a diehard pioneer guy, and apparently so has the owner of that shop until these new JVC’s hit the market and he’s going to be installing one in his own vehicle. Almost placed my order on amazon for the 2300NEX, but wanted some more input because I like to research until it drives me nuts:suicide: so after hearing from him the jvc is better, what are your thoughts? I was told the jvc can use the maestro datalink and the pioneer cannot and a bunch of other things that the jvc could do and the Pioneer could not. I’m not sure why he would push something that he sold cheaper (the jvc) moreso than the pioneer which was more unless there was at least some truth behind it?

JVC KW-M730BT (or any in that family, new 740, 830/40, whatever) vs Pioneer 2300/2330NEX? Went to local audio shop and was recommended the JVC over the Pioneer. Any input on this? I’ve always been a diehard pioneer guy, and apparently so has the owner of that shop until these new JVC’s hit the market and he’s going to be installing one in his own vehicle. Almost placed my order on amazon for the 2300NEX, but wanted some more input because I like to research until it drives me nuts:suicide: so after hearing from him the jvc is better, what are your thoughts? I was told the jvc can use the maestro datalink and the pioneer cannot and a bunch of other things that the jvc could do and the Pioneer could not. I’m not sure why he would push something that he sold cheaper (the jvc) moreso than the pioneer which was more unless there was at least some truth behind it?
I’d get the JVC

I would go JVC. I just got the 830bt and love it. I got it for $299 at Crutchfield brand new a couple weeks ago. I also got the idatalink maestro and love it. Easy to install, good directions, and pretty cool add on features. If you don't need cd/dvd get the 730bt. Or if you have the money get the newest version.

The JVC had zero lag compared with the pioneer. It was just so obvious. With the lag gone it just made everyday operations more pleasant
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I can attest to the lag of the Pioneer touchscreen headunits. I have the 3800 installed in mine and the 490 in my wife's. Sometimes, when changing songs on the Pioneer, the unit will lag and not play the next song or the info of the song will sometimes lag too. But I still love my Pioneers, even w/ its faults.

I would go JVC. I just got the 830bt and love it. I got it for $299 at Crutchfield brand new a couple weeks ago. I also got the idatalink maestro and love it. Easy to install, good directions, and pretty cool add on features. If you don't need cd/dvd get the 730bt. Or if you have the money get the newest version.
I was told you can plug say a 1TB external hard drive into the USB port of on these JVC’s and use that for any music or movies or whatever and Mount the hard drive in the glove box or something. If this is true, then I would really have no need at all for the cd/dvd right?

From reading the manual it says you can watch videos from a flash drive so I don't see why not. I only got the 830 because Crutchfield had it for cheaper than the 730. It was a very short "lightning" type deal. I doubt I'll ever watch any video from it but it's also in a vehicle I really only drive on the weekends.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.