Pioneer head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

Aslmx
10+ year member

I'm wanting an avh head unit. I like the 4800 but don't think it will work in my z71 without hitting the gear shifter. Is their a big difference in the 3800 and 2800 or even the 280? I'd rather spend the money on speakers if their is no real big difference in the head units.

avoid the 280 there's a massive difference between that and the 2800 and 3800 series.

Biggest difference is if you have the knowledge to use them to make a proper system. Dont expect magnificent results just from tossing on a pair of components and an amp, With that head unit, you'll want to run an active crossover network setup with quality raw drivers and a good amp along with ditching any plans of rear fill.

avoid the 280 there's a massive difference between that and the 2800 and 3800 series.
Biggest difference is if you have the knowledge to use them to make a proper system. Dont expect magnificent results just from tossing on a pair of components and an amp, With that head unit, you'll want to run an active crossover network setup with quality raw drivers and a good amp along with ditching any plans of rear fill.
the research I'm seeing is that the 2800, 3800 and 4800 all have the features to run active on sub mid and tweet. Am I right on this? I'm seeing more feature on the 4800 such as time alignment though.

the research I'm seeing is that the 2800, 3800 and 4800 all have the features to run active on sub mid and tweet. Am I right on this? I'm seeing more feature on the 4800 such as time alignment though.
They all have the same sq features. Only thing different is screen display quality and a few minor things. Nothing to write home about. They all use the same digital audio convertors so there would not be a sound difference between them.

Sal so the 4800 is 4 volt pre outs. The others are 2 volt. I had the 4800 in my z71 you need to cut the bezel or buy one made for the double din I can tell you what needs to done to make it fit

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.