Pioneer head unit in jeep grand cherokee

Participant count
  • Participant list

Aslmx
10+ year member

Got my son a pioneer head unit to replace his factory one. I didn't receive the right harness and I can't get sound from my speakers. Have power but no sound. I googled wiring colors but I don't have all the same colors I'm finding on my searches. The factory unit is a DVD head but I'm dojng away with that. It has 2 factory plugs. One for the unit and I'm assuming the smaller one is for the DVD. Could it be that it has a factory amp? I've contacted the place I ordered it from but Jo response yet. Any help would be appreciated. 2005 jeep grand cherokee standard head unit with DVD.

Got my son a pioneer head unit to replace his factory one. I didn't receive the right harness and I can't get sound from my speakers. Have power but no sound. I googled wiring colors but I don't have all the same colors I'm finding on my searches. The factory unit is a DVD head but I'm dojng away with that. It has 2 factory plugs. One for the unit and I'm assuming the smaller one is for the DVD. Could it be that it has a factory amp? I've contacted the place I ordered it from but Jo response yet. Any help would be appreciated. 2005 jeep grand cherokee standard head unit with DVD.
can I just run seperate wires to the speakers? Will the speakers be compatible with the head unit.

can I just run seperate wires to the speakers? Will the speakers be compatible with the head unit.
you want it mickey moused yes, just hook up HU harness speaker wires to stock speaaker wires and find the remote, and 12v constant and hook those up to HU but you wont keep any factory stuff if the vehicle has it.

180k miles for a 17 year old. So Mickey Mouse is fine. I tried finding a diagram on line but the diagrams don't match with the factory harness at the unit.

Try asking on jeepforum in the right sub forum for your specific jeep. Which in this case a Wk. Way more people with experience on a particular vehicle will be more helpfull vs a few here that might or might not be able to help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.