Pioneer DEH-X8600BH VS Alpine CDE-HD148BT

Participant count
  • Participant list

killeraxemannic
10+ year member

Colorado
I am stuck between these 2 head units and can't decide which one to buy. They both have all the features I want... HD radio, Android Control, and Bluetooth streaming and calling. The Pioneer is about $50 cheaper but that doesn't really concern me as they are both within my budget. I just want to get the best sounding unit out of the 2. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks!

If it was the 149 bt vs the pioneer 80 prs, it would be a fair fight but in this case, one head unit totally SHITs on the other one. The alpine is clearly the better choice for sound quality in a direct comparison between your two choices. Get the 148bt and not have to worry about upgrading the head unit in the future.

If it was the 149 bt vs the pioneer 80 prs, it would be a fair fight but in this case, one head unit totally SHITs on the other one. The alpine is clearly the better choice for sound quality in a direct comparison between your two choices. Get the 148bt and not have to worry about upgrading the head unit in the future.
I run the x8600, I call ********

At this point I am actually leaning towards the Alpine because of the availability of the KTP-445A Power Pack. Would be hella nice to just plug that little guy in and not have to worry about running a second power wire, and wires to all my speakers. Plus with my specific car running wires to the front speakers is nearly impossible the way the car is designed.

At this point I am actually leaning towards the Alpine because of the availability of the KTP-445A Power Pack. Would be hella nice to just plug that little guy in and not have to worry about running a second power wire, and wires to all my speakers. Plus with my specific car running wires to the front speakers is nearly impossible the way the car is designed.
you dont need to run wire to the front speakers, just use the factory wiring and a run of wire to your amps using butt connectors. The pack is fine though if you dont want to go crazy with speaker power.

Alpine seems to have a few more features and a little more eq control. Look at the JVC arsenal that's a fine H.U for the price it has all the features the other two have not sure about the eq's.

you dont need to run wire to the front speakers, just use the factory wiring and a run of wire to your amps using butt connectors. The pack is fine though if you dont want to go crazy with speaker power.
It seems like the pack is a much simpler solution for me. The amp I would probably get if it wasn't the alpine setup would most likely be around the same wattage as the alpine pack anyways. It's hard to fit an amp in my car. You can put a small pack style one under the dash or a small regular style one under the front seat. I don't really have much more room in the trunk because of the sub and it's amp and it would be a pain to run wires so that is kind of out of the question too.

Well to update everyone I did indeed go with the Alpine unit aaaaand.... I am a tad disappointed in its sound quality by itself. I don't think it sounds as good as the pioneer from 2012 that I had in my last car, but I did buy the power pack with it to and that made up for it and then some! With the power pack installed it sounds better than anything I have ever had before. Really impressed with the difference it made. I do really love the functionality of the Alpine deck though... Menus are great, bluetooth is great, TuneIt App is great... Couldn't be happier with the functionality of the unit. Overall if I had it to do over again I would still most likely get the same setup as you just can't beat an amp you just plug right in to the harness and can fit under your dash.

The 149 is not active capable, does not have a 16 L/R EQ and a DAC on each output. They are not a fair fight. I've had Alpines since 2000, the 80 was my first non-Alpine deck since. The 80 blows them all away. I've always thought pioneers where to top heavy but not the 80. You won't find a deck under $1000 with its features.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

killeraxemannic

10+ year member
killeraxemannic
Colorado
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from