Pioneer DEH-80PRS

I don't completely understand what you are asking here. Could you re-phrase the question. What to you mean by front 2 and rear 2?
Its an option, just look in your menu thats called that. Its basically a fine tuning attenuation of how loud the front and rear speakers will be. Like an individual gain control for your speakers.

Play with the 6k-20khz range on the head unit. Sub level at +6 db, High pass filter at 80, low pass filter at 80. Re-set your gains again both sub and 4 channel amps (use music instead of test tone, preferably your hardest hitting song for sub amp). If needed, you can have the volume go up to 60 and it should still be clean. (the unit is clean up to 62 which is max) With the EQ, you want to lower more than boost. Raise the volume up and take out unpleasant frequencies. until the sound is to your liking.

I have to Audio Tool app for android on a Samsung GS3. Will this be helpful in analyzing my system and setting it up?
USe it if you want to blow your system. Are you using your phone for music? Try putting high quality 320kbps files and putting it on a USB drive instead.

Also takes several runs of the auto EQ to get it right. Make sure you take off the head rest head cushion while doing it too. That can totally mess up the tuning.

Yesterday, I spent several hours playing with the system. I have many autosound 2000 test discs, and used those. One of them, and I don't remember right off which one it was, helps set up imaging. Many tracks of both noise, music, voice and tones, that go from L to C to R. Before I started playing with the t/a, there was no C. But I adjusted the t/a manually, based on preliminary ball park measurements with a tape measure, then just by ear, and can now definitely place performers on the dash in positions that I never did before. This is only on good recordings though.

Then I set the preset eq to powerful for the time being, and it sounds way better than it ever did with my alpine hu.

Next I will try to do what Jeff said above about removing the head rest cushion, and suspending the mic in the air. Right now t/a is on custom so I won't lose what I did when I do auto eq/ta again.

Is there anybody in the Pittsburgh, PA area that is willing to help me out in person? I have never even heard a vehicle with all of the equipment in it that Jeff has in his signature above.

Thanks so far everybody, and keep the ideas coming....

It should sound good without EQ. I always ran mine flat EQ with no loudness/no bass boost/no distance correction and it sounded amazing. These are SQ decks and you're probably used to the super bright sound of basic decks with loudness etc. turned on, but SQ is all about being even sounding and most people don't like the even "flat" sound. That's what auto-eq does is basically takes a spectrum analyzer reading of your speakers in their environment through the mic, decides what frequencies need boosted and what needs attenuated until the response curve is flat. Usually results in lower treble because most systems are much brighter than they need to be, but how good it actually works is a toss-up and I only find auto-eq useful for speaker distance correction if you like/need that feature.

Also just a heads up, keep the faceplate on. I had a habit of taking the faceplate off every night and eventually it will crap out, I had to warranty it within 6 months of buying it. They don't make decks like they used to. The 80prs is great for sound but the build quality still isn't any better than a $50 HU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

PittViper

10+ year member
PittViper
Pittsburgh, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from