pioneer deh-80prs vs sony mex xb100bt?

mio
10+ year member

EUROPE
pioneer deh-80prs vs sony mex xb100bt? Which one do u think its better and why pioneer is old sony is new i had sony its amazing unit i dont know if pioneer sound quality is much better and overall when volume is up who wont distort the sound?

i forgot to mention in my car i got 4 speakers 2 front hertz and 2 rear pioneer , i listen to music only from my Iphone i dont need cd dvd radio usb or other crap.I use Aux only. I wont hook up any amplifier it will be my phone > car head unit (pioneer or sony)> speakers

i must want better quality but i dont know who will provide it .

i forgot to mention in my car i got 4 speakers 2 front hertz and 2 rear pioneer , i listen to music only from my Iphone i dont need cd dvd radio usb or other crap.I use Aux only. I wont hook up any amplifier it will be my phone > car head unit (pioneer or sony)> speakersi must want better quality but i dont know who will provide it .
Yeah the sony fits your needs better in this case. The 80 prs is for advanced setups not simple setups like yours. You will want to use bluetooth over aux. Aux is cr@p analog that uses your phone's processing. While the others are digital signals which is 100x better. If you want it hooked up, use lightning cable which is much MUCH better sq than aux and it charges your phone at the same time.

In this application, the sony is more suitable since it offers more internal power and you wouldnt use most 80prs features

but will pioneer sounds better??
It only sounds better if you do a active 3 way network amplified setup. What you are doing with your setup is just wasted potential with an 80prs so no it wont sound better unless you do an amplified setup and go active network which is beyond your knowledge and capabilities from what i see.

Nobody in their right mind buys the 80 prs to run head unit power.

i owned sony and i am not inpressed , will pioneer give me less distortion since uses 3 bur brown dacs? pioneer and sony are at same price the difference is in build quality and options i guess.

i owned sony and i am not inpressed , will pioneer give me less distortion since uses 3 bur brown dacs? pioneer and sony are at same price the difference is in build quality and options i guess.
Distortion is from you relying on head unit power. None of those dacs do anything if you dont have amps connected and run active. Again what you plan on doing, you will be at most using 10% of the head units capabilities max. It aint sh*t unless you have amps. Like you shouldnt even be thinking of owning an 80prs unless you are willing go all out. Thats the mistake many people make when they buy an 80prs. They realize they are in way over their heads and dont understand a thing about the unit or how to properly untilize it and configure and optimize system for . they then get p1ssed then blame the equipment.

I don't like this sony. Why do you wanna pay for 3 preouts if you're not gonna have amps?

You sure you don't just wanna get a $200 2din and watch movies and have a backup camera??

That's what I wanted but I went for the pioneer prs80 because I'm doing a 2way front stage which requires the network mode and the rca preouts.

I don't like this sony. Why do you wanna pay for 3 preouts if you're not gonna have amps?
You sure you don't just wanna get a $200 2din and watch movies and have a backup camera??

That's what I wanted but I went for the pioneer prs80 because I'm doing a 2way front stage which requires the network mode and the rca preouts.
its fine for average joes with the built in 40 rms amp, no need for amplifier install. For car audio guys, its okay but there's better for the money because all you are paying for is the built in amp which you are not gonna use unless its to run some tweets or dash speakers or 4 inch mids in the a pillar. The rear bass enhancer sound tuning option coupled with 6x9 rear deck subs actually perform respectable amounts of bass equal to a single 12 on 600 watts sealed. The sound directed towards the cabin helps a lot.

Compared to all the other head units on the market only doing 10-15 watts out there (even tho they claim 22) its a massive increase in SQ for how easy and stealth the install is.

I own an amplifier

SONY XM-GTX6040 will this amp do the job if i buy pioneer?

cant i just pioneer without any amp ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mio

10+ year member
mio
EUROPE
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from