Pioneer DEH-80PRS In a league all its OWN????

Roland
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Atlanta
I'm about to buy this Head Unit but before i do just wanted some feedback.

(1) Is there any other HU like the 80PRS to consider that do the - Auto Time Alignment and Auto EQ, 3-Way Digital Network:

under $400-500?

(2) I don't thump music just like good Sound Quality. From what i have read the time alignment can make a big difference in SQ (as much as a difference or more than upgrading an amp for the money is this true?)

(3) Here is my dumb/dumber question part. I have never heard a Pandora "Boardcast/ download (not sure what to call that) does it sound as good as HD radio or CD... (i'll be given up HD radio to get this unit so...)

As of now yes, Alpine is coming back with a new CDA-137bti single din that will be on par or better then the Pioneer. It is only available in the UK/Euro market as of now but it is supposed to be released here soon.

If you need a deck now then the Pioneer is a good choice.

As of now yes, Alpine is coming back with a new CDA-137bti single din that will be on par or better then the Pioneer. It is only available in the UK/Euro market as of now but it is supposed to be released here soon.
If you need a deck now then the Pioneer is a good choice.
Great to know!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif It does not look like it has the Automatic timing or the microphone. But the price seems to be very comparable. It does look it may be better in some ways! Big Thanks for that info.

Wonder why they don't release it over here yet. 12 volts is 12 volts and English is English:confused:

Great to know!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif It does not look like it has the Automatic timing or the microphone. But the price seems to be very comparable. It does look it may be better in some ways! Big Thanks for that info.
Wonder why they don't release it over here yet. 12 volts is 12 volts and English is English:confused:

The UK deck will work here and will play radiostations from what I understand. But its very spendy over there so I would just wait it out.

I would think AM an FM is the same everywhere. At least it was the same in all the countries ive been to, And ive never seen a different AM/FM radio in my 52 years.

I did found one place selling them for 259 Euros = $333 US is not bad.

Do you have any idea of a time frame for their release?

I would think AM an FM is the same everywhere. At least it was the same in all the countries ive been to, And ive never seen a different AM/FM radio in my 52 years.
I did found one place selling them for 259 Euros = $333 US is not bad.

Do you have any idea of a time frame for their release?
No idea to be honest, if you are really wanting to find out I would call Alpine US Customer Service and see. Oh and link me to were you found it for that price in the uK lol I might have to pull the trigger!

Got of the phone with Alpine USA. they said the CDA-137BTi it will NOT be available in the US at all, EVER!!! He was pretty emphatic about it.

He also said theirs (Eruo version) wont work here because they broadcast in even number signals we are odd numbers. (digital recieves now...)

dont you dare buy that piece of shit

Ignore him, he has forumboneritis.

But I figured as much on the radio not working here I know my JDM Pioneer would'nt play any station. But yeah grab the pioneer, I run an external processor so the internal stuff does nothing for me and I do not listen to the radio. I want the alpine to match my c800 controller.

Good luck Roland, the Pioneer fits your bill!

Ignore him, he has forumboneritis.

But I figured as much on the radio not working here I know my JDM Pioneer would'nt play any station. But yeah grab the pioneer, I run an external processor so the internal stuff does nothing for me and I do not listen to the radio. I want the alpine to match my c800 controller.

Good luck Roland, the Pioneer fits your bill!

Thanks for your input that was very helpful.

would you say that time alignment can make a big difference in SQ (as much as a difference or more than upgrading an amp for the money is this true?)

Thanks for your input that was very helpful.
would you say that time alignment can make a big difference in SQ (as much as a difference or more than upgrading an amp for the money is this true?)

It really all depends on what you are going for, in short, if you want a center image with out a center channel then yes Time Aglinment will benefit you. It is not needed for just an everyday guy wanting a good sound, but if you know how to use it it will help.

I use a small amount of TA in my 3 way active front stage, most of your 2 seat cars do not use it as they rely on speaker positions, angles and acoustics.

My question is what is your end goal?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Roland

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Roland
Atlanta
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date