Pioneer DEH-5800MP Faceplate problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

DocisChief
10+ year member

Illinois
Hi, I've lurked around the forums for a while, and thought I'd pop in for a recent problem.

I have a Pioneer DEH-5800MP unit that I've had for a few years. I pretty much connect my iPod to it with iPod interface 99 percent of the time. Just recently when skipping to the next song with the forward button, my unit would sort of stick and just keep sticking until I messed around with hitting other buttons. Annoying, but didn't do it all that much. Now, yesterday it started doing it a lot, and even the vibes from the subs would affect it at higher levels with skipping songs. I took it apart to look around, and clean contacts. Tonight it just went haywire. Back, forward, and the up/down for folder select all get stuck every time, and I have to eject the plate. This is the only button that is affected, but is unbearable. When I took it apart, the actual buttons themselves seem to have a nice crisp click when pushed, so I don't know what's going on.

Anyone have this problem with this unit, or other unit before? Any fixes? Pioneer offers the plate on their site, but for 180, when the entire unit was only 200 or a little more brand-new when it came out. I've seen a couple of used plates on eBay, but I'm weary they may contain the same problem.

Thanks.

Hopefully I can find my remote when I go back to my apt in a few days. Then I'll just disable those buttons, and use my remote. I'm hoping it's purely button related because that would then solve my problem until I get another car and do a whole new system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DocisChief

10+ year member
DocisChief
Illinois
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from