Pioneer DEH-4400

jersbo
10+ year member

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I am new to the car audio scene.

My problem with this deck is it seems like I can't get it to set up right without having a good sounding bass and distortion to my 6x9's. I have messed with the frequency, bass, SLA, and trebble settings a lot. I can get everything sounding alright with a good supporting bass, but only to the point where you can barely notice I have subs in the back. I have found no FIE feature on this deck, and if there is it is **** well hidden. I know my subs can be powered a LOT more than what they around, the problem is.. Is getting my subs to sound nice without having my 6x9's in the back sound like ass. So my general question is, how can I set this up so I can get a good sounding bass, as well as a distortion-free back seat. Is there a way to set it up so my 6x9's are producing very little or no bass?

My car is a 99' Pontiac Sunfire. My step-father brought it in about a year ago to have the whole sound system replaced at Best-Buy. I know they added the deck, new 6x9's, and new 6.5's. I'm not exactly sure what specific type they are but I know they are Pioneer's.

Subs = 2 12" Q-Power Godzillas

Amp = Pioneer GM-X862 760 watt.

And of course the deck = Pioneer DEH-4400

Thanks for your help in advance fellas.

My DEH-3500 has a built in crossover, not sure if your 4400 does or not. If it does, try setting it at 80 hz. May need to go as high as 125. Those two frequencies and 50 hz are available on mine, so I'm guessing you may have them too.

Make sure you sub is hooked into your sub pre-out. Hold down the "audio" button to acces the filters. the sub should go from 20- 200hz and set the mids to 200+hz.

Read the manual.. if you dont have it, download it from pioneer web site.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jersbo

10+ year member
jersbo
Eveleth, MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from