Piece of crap DVM doesnt work.

Participant count
  • Participant list

flakko
5,000+ posts

Veteran (my butt)
So Cal
i got this audiopipe fused distro with a DVM... when i plugged everything in, the meter blinks "0.0" and it turns my amplifiers on, and keeps them on. how the heck do i put this thing in? and make it work?

only thing that comes to mind is the remote wire should be connected to ground. In order to measure a voltage, (or power something, like the display on that distro), you need a + and a - (ground). with the REM connection hooked up to the HU remote wire, it will not have a -. (the + comes from the power wire in the distro).

Maybe try to research that alittle. Or give the people at Audio Pipe a call.

there is a silver ring on the bottom of that thing, or there is a wire hanging out. they need to be grounded, it is not a remote wire.

Yes, as everyone else said...in order for it to work, it'll need to be grounded some where.

Are you sure that's an REM wire and not a ground wire? Reason for it shutting down could be that when you turn the radio on, the REM wire is putting 12VDC into the wire that is actually a ground.

AH that makes 100% total sense. and it works!

i guess its been planted ito my head that blue - turn on wire

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.